• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rankings...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yup, the meltdown will be worse too because of the preseason expectations.  If we lose 3 games next season I wouldn't be surprised to see the reactionary brigade turn on CCS.  

Nah we can always go with the "get his guys in place" excuse for 2.5 years.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

Nah we can always go with the "get his guys in place" excuse for 2.5 years.

Good point.  The guys here definitely aren't up to snuff.  If only CWT wasn't hamstrung by having to recruit to APR expectations.  

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/31/2016 at 10:56 PM, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

If we go 12-2 and win the conference I will be elated. I've experienced all the highs and lows of the past. I remember the Pat Julmiste/Ronnie Banks era when I  thought it couldn't get any worse. And then I learned it could. I was at the WVU & UCF games in 2007 and didn't think it could possibly get better than that. I think this year it did. 

That's the beauty of following a team you love. If you stick around long enough you'll get to experience just about every emotion there is with them. I don't think expectations are a bad thing. Especially if they're realistic. 

great post

so true

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

Here's the way I see it.

Looking at the AP (currently #25)

-21,22,23,34 all lost, so if no one jumps us, we would slot in at 21 unless Auburn (17), Lousivlle (15), WVU (14) get penalized a lot for losing which they most likely won't because of who they are. 
-It just will come down to if any of the below 9-4 P5 teams who won their bowl games over P5 teams end up jumping us: 
-Utah (27) beat Indiana 
-Tennessee (33) beat Nebraska (24) 
-Miami (36) beat WVU (14) 
-Ga Tech (37) beat Kentucky 
-K State (38) beat A&M (30) 
-I'd like to think we move up to 21 but i know all too well the P5 bias is strong and we might get screwed by one or two of the above. If it happens, it most likely be Tennessee or Miami

Coaches Poll (Currently 22)

-Only losing team ahead of us that I see us jumping is Nebraska (21). Again, I just don't see Louisville (15), WVU (12) WMU (14) or Auburn (17) falling past 21 
-As Far as the teams who could possibly jump us: 
-Utah (23) 
-Tennesse (32) 
-Miami (35) 
-I'll go ahead and say 21 again

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  180

college football news is projecting 20 in AP and 18 in coaches

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/coaches-poll-rankings-projection-after-bowls

Edited by BurghBulltoo

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I'll take any ranking. I don't believe we've ever closed a season ranked (post-bowl) - is that correct?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624

8 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I'll take any ranking. I don't believe we've ever closed a season ranked (post-bowl) - is that correct?

Correct

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Look we are going to lose a conference game next year. It just always happens. It is easy to look at it on paper and say we shouldn't lose a game but something will happen.

Either we lose at Home to Tulsa or if we do go 11-0 we will find some way to lose to UCF on the road just....because.

I said earlier, I don't think we will learn anything about CCS next season with the team we bring back and the schedule, 10 -2 would probably be a disappointment.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715

41 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Look we are going to lose a conference game next year. It just always happens. It is easy to look at it on paper and say we shouldn't lose a game but something will happen.

Either we lose at Home to Tulsa or if we do go 11-0 we will find some way to lose to UCF on the road just....because.

I said earlier, I don't think we will learn anything about CCS next season with the team we bring back and the schedule, 10 -2 would probably be a disappointment.

I agree with this. The loss will likely be on the road, I think ECU and UCF will be our most vulnerable road games to lose. At home I agree Tulsa is the team that worries me. They are very underrated and have a potent offense like us. Plus I don't think they lost anybody on their coaching staff. They will be tough next year.

While I think we should go 4-0 OOC, Illinois could surprise us because it's Lovie Smith's second season and they are bound to improve, aren't they? I'm not sure who they are losing since I don't follow them but any game against a P5 team is never a given.