• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

55 minutes ago, fla331boy said:

I agree.

If you can fund raise for a new library or pod of classrooms, you can def get donors to go for a new stadium that would be a revenue generator.

Just do it right and not like those other people across the way.

Assuming you are talking profits, that is quite an assumption.  Bond debt, maintenance - all those things we don't pay for now - have to be offset by ticket sales, parking and concessions.  Unless you draw good crowds I'm not so sure it is a money maker.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

ESPN and CBS chooses the time, not us.

I'm aware... I'm also aware of other teams in better conferences playing better opponents that get better time slots (generally). Everything is negotiable if you have leverage and approach it the right way. I'm not saying we have that leverage now. However, that's not really the point of my post. My point is, come on, we don't need shade.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,288
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Assuming you are talking profits, that is quite an assumption.  Bond debt, maintenance - all those things we don't pay for now - have to be offset by ticket sales, parking and concessions.  Unless you draw good crowds I'm not so sure it is a money maker.

Won't be a money maker for the next 5-8 years.  Not the point with building it.

Edited by Rizman

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

13 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I get the overhead and the upkeep.

Tons of businesses would love the chance to be a sponsor within the stadium and that my friend is the money maker.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Has any body ever heard of a plan to build? A real plan, not a feasibility study to find if it's feasible to plan.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

18 minutes ago, fla331boy said:

I get the overhead and the upkeep.

Tons of businesses would love the chance to be a sponsor within the stadium and that my friend is the money maker.

How are the naming rights going for the Sun Dome?  Not too sure about companies lining up.  I'm not totally against an OCS but there are many things to be considered.  We have only one ultra wealthy donor for athletics that I know of.  That name is on the basketball practice facility.  Can't keep asking the same people to pony up.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

How are the naming rights going for the Sun Dome?  Not too sure about companies lining up.  I'm not totally against an OCS but there are many things to be considered.  We have only one ultra wealthy donor for athletics that I know of.  That name is on the basketball practice facility.  Can't keep asking the same people to pony up.  

I wasn't specifically speaking about naming rights to the stadium.

There are a ton of advertising opportunities with a smaller donation/fee.

Interactive spots outside the stadium for kids, certain areas within the stadium, and many other things.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

See? Here's a major problem in a nutshell. Almost ALL of the discussion is based on excuses for NOT building an OCS.

This thing is like having a baby, you do everything in your power to make that child successful. IF you wanted that baby in the first place. BUT, if you wait until the time is right, you just might run out of time.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Doesn't MOSI need to leave first?