• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly, how much is USF really serious about football?

We know they don't make a serious effort to engage students about the team and we don't have a stadium on campus. It's not like we have a lack of room on campus or a lack of funds to stall the effort.

The admin has let what...a few generations of students pass through without them seriously making the effort to turn said students into fans?

I know plenty of alums who could care less about the team and only genuine footballs fans care enough to follow the team and show up for games.

They need make an announcement and get the wheels in motion for a stadium. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/20/2016 at 7:08 PM, 206BULL said:

See Sun Dome as exhibit A.

On 12/20/2016 at 7:08 PM, 206BULL said:

See Sun Dome as exhibit A.

Basketball and Football = Apples and Oranges

24 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

We know they don't make a serious effort to engage students about the team and we don't have a stadium on campus. It's not like we have a lack of room on campus or a lack of funds to stall the effort.

The admin has let what...a few generations of students pass through without them seriously making the effort to turn said students into fans?

I know plenty of alums who could care less about the team and only genuine footballs fans care enough to follow the team and show up for games.

I agree. All you have to do is read this thread and see that half the people on this board don't even care. Anyone that can not see the value of an OCS is just blind. I don't understand how any person that claims to be passionate about the program would oppose the idea. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

46 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Not sure if SRS...

We've been a school for only 60 years, and by most definitions, a generation is 30, so there's only been two generations gone by since we were founded.

We've only had football for 20, which is less than one generation

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

8 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Serious isn't the issue. It's economics. And what has a pretty fantastic facility in the updated Sun Dome done for the MBB program? And is it packed every game? 

Reality is that even successful P5 teams have attendance woes. 

And my sister, also an alum, was telling me that her alumni friends in Sarasota love going to games at  Ray Jay, especially compared to the cost of a Bucs game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i think they day we get into a p5 is the day we get serious about an ocs

how can you justify it at the level we play?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

We know they don't make a serious effort to engage students about the team

What does that even mean?  It shouldn't take an awful lot of work to get students to want to support their football team. I'm not sure if it's a generational thing or something, but the students should WANT to support their school/teams. I understand that transportation can be a problem, but outside of that I don't see a issue.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Efforts to be a P5 should be number 1

and I believe that USF knows this...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

36 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

What does that even mean?  It shouldn't take an awful lot of work to get students to want to support their football team. I'm not sure if it's a generational thing or something, but the students should WANT to support their school/teams. I understand that transportation can be a problem, but outside of that I don't see a issue.

If that were the issue then the Sundome would be packed