• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I grew to like Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The next coach could never be as important as Taggurt. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

He was the right coach at the time we don't need a rebuild but a solid coach now that can keep momentum going.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, deadudea said:

Maybe we'll be able to spell our coaches last name at least? You'd think after four years we would've figured out "Taggart."

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm torn. I'd love to wish CWT all kinds of success, but it's Oregon. They spanked our team's butts so hard in the Sun Bowl that I can't wish them anything but a happy duck hunting season.

I'd be willing to put money on Oregon wishing they had just promoted Frost in the first place.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

30 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

It wasn't the offense was trusting Flowers to run the offense wide open and for CWT to stop trying to protect him in the play calling.  

Well that certainly helped. Maybe I am wrong and it was entirely his idea but certainly the feeling at the time was CWT was saying this was his style and he would take it to the grave, then he met with Harlan after his second failed season and it wasn't his style anymore and we were open to the spread. Did CWT decide to have the epiphany on his own or was he told to have it? I am not sure but the speculation at the time was that he was being forced to change or see the door.

http://www.thedailystampede.com/2014/12/9/7362693/welcome-back-usf-spread-offense

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, puc86 said:

Well that certainly helped. Maybe I am wrong and it was entirely his idea but certainly the feeling at the time was CWT was saying this was his style and he would take it to the grave, then he met with Harlan after his second failed season and it wasn't his style anymore and we were open to the spread. Did CWT decide to have the epiphany on his own or was he told to have it? I am not sure but the speculation at the time was that he was being forced to change or see the door.

http://www.thedailystampede.com/2014/12/9/7362693/welcome-back-usf-spread-offense

We used the spread that season in Flowers special packages and for the majority of the SMU game when Flowers started over White. The signs were there. You don't recruit a kid like Flowers to be your QB if you plan on running the Stanford offense. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

People who disliked Taggart were the ones chiming in on this nonsense.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629
  • Days Won:  0

I'm nervous. I feel like this is similar to the Skip Holtz situation. We just lost Leavitt. We were building momentum. We thought we made a good hire and :facepalm:.....I can't take another USF implosion for multiple seasons

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We used the spread that season in Flowers special packages and for the majority of the SMU game when Flowers started over White. The signs were there. You don't recruit a kid like Flowers to be your QB if you plan on running the Stanford offense. 

This so ******* obvious to anyone but the  ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

The fans/alums have to do their part, period.  The lame excuses don't matter. 

Fans don't get paid. 

We paying for past mismanagement. 

Now let's all praise Doug and Judy, but that's where the buck stops. Doug took the money and run. 

Mr. Harlan is left to repair the damage done to USF Football.  He's got a huge hire to make.  Being in a G5 may just be too much to overcome.