• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you increase attendance?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Not sure if they still do them, but The Rays had the summer concert series and those games were very well attended.  Funny story, My cousin wanted to go to a Rays game a few years back because Big and Ritch we're playing after game.  She sat, pissed off, through extra innings just to see Big and Ritch.  Once the game ended and the concert was began, she was all smiles.

Need to get these kind of people in to the stadium.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,495
  • Days Won:  0

I like the idea of the reduced ticket prices.  The object here is to attract new fans or fans who might normally watch on television.  Maybe do some kind of promotion with local schools.  Open up the upper deck and sell for $10 or maybe family packs.  I doubt this will affect season ticket holders because they don't want to sit up that high.  You can charge a premium price for a premium product, but when we are playing an American Conference schedule, it's not enough to drag the casual fan to the stadium.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

http://santaspub.com/

Cheapest beer in Nashville, Tn. Highest volume beer sales in the entire Nashville area. Set in a dirty double-wide trailer in a growing neighborhood. Cash only at the bar. It's an event every night.

Ol' Santa might be onto something. An event that won't break the bank?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

23 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I still think our marketing department is woefully inefficient. If they can't find a way to generate excitement within the student body, they're certainly not going to get the casual fan out that doesn't even know we have a game.

I'm shocked almost weekly by people asking me if we have a game tonight simply because I have on a BULLS shirt.

I get this all the time.  The week before the game--at the gym.  USF commuter STUDENTS ask me if we have a game this week.  They don't know who the opponent is, what time kickoff is, is it home/away, etc.   Insane.  Same people will often ask on Monday..."who'd we play this week?  did we win?  whats our record?"  Some of these same people could recite the entire gators schedule with dates/times/locations by memory.

Not sure what the answer is, but these are students who don't even know what's going on...either that or they don't want to know.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

I can tell you what won't bring in new fans:

Stony Brook, Mass, Illinois, Cincy, Houston, Tulsa, and Temple.

Wish I could give more than just 1 up vote for this ^^^

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I get this all the time.  The week before the game--at the gym.  USF commuter STUDENTS ask me if we have a game this week.  They don't know who the opponent is, what time kickoff is, is it home/away, etc.   Insane.  Same people will often ask on Monday..."who'd we play this week?  did we win?  whats our record?"  Some of these same people could recite the entire gators schedule with dates/times/locations by memory.

Not sure what the answer is, but these are students who don't even know what's going on...either that or they don't want to know.

How do we get this conversation in front of the powers that be? I know that they SHOULD know this, but I wonder.

I do think that we have to work harder because of where we are, but whatever is happening now is not working.

Edited by BDYZR

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

I bet if one of us tweets them, they'll get to work on it. They probably just don't know 25,000 isn't enough.

Even better!  You sir, are a genius.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,427
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, 206BULL said:

It usually takes a couple of years of winning to bring the bandwagoners back. The big problem is we sucked at the worst possible time, we had momentum and were bringing in good crowds and then we were relegated to G5 and started sucking all at once which killed momentum. Keep winning and the stands will become more full, however I don't see us getting back to 40,000 plus until we are P5(except for big matchups ie FSU, Texas and the likes) which is unfortunate as this team deserves a packed house. 

Not if you are UCF..

We need to stop making excuses.

USF needs to do something and fast... better marketing & what about that OCS?

Houston OCS looked good during packed games

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,427
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, ambienknights said:

I'll admit that Attendance was disappointing this season and that 0-12 had more of an effect than I expected. The season ticket base went down bc I guess many went with a 'wait and see' approach on the turnaround and relying on walk up sales is more difficult with AAC opponents(even a bad BIG team Maryland was a packed house).

The Tailgating Atmosphere remains great and rivals any Big Time Program. The last home game vs Tulsa was a huge tailgating crowd(definitely enough to sell out the stadium) but then at kickoff only 30kish actually enter the gates. I think many fans are coming around to the idea to  allow Alcohol sales to the entire stadium to help attendance and bring in more revenue. I hope new AD will consider it for next season with no B12/P5 Invite coming anytime soon.

I can agree with this...

However, I must say that USF marketing is terrible. Besides that one billboard on I-4/275 junction; and some posts on social media... What else does USF do?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

I noticed that we closed the 2nd level student corners for the UCF game.  Assume Harlan wanted all the students only on level 1 which filled in nicely.  Would be great if they would cover those corners with big USF green tarps knowing they would only need to use them for students maybe 2 times per year.  I think it would just look a lot better though that doesn't help with the attendance issues.  I still say build an OCS with 40,000 seats (maybe only half are club type seats and the rest bleachers).  Build up demand once again and then expand to 50,000 with 10,000 additional seats as a second level on the home (non tv) side.  I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but with an OCS we can have the amenities for those that need them and the basics of college football for students and everyone else, along with the great on campus college gameday atmosphere.  I know I'll get burned for this, but I've been to 6 games at UCF over the last 4 years and the atmosphere in the lots and on the mall is way better than RayJay for college football.

• Upvote 1