• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New bowl projections

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

35 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

I just can't see the AAC bothering to send a team to the Bahamas while leaving the St. Pete Bowl to deal with 2 at-large teams. The Bahamas Bowl is never going to pull more than 15,000 or so regardless of who is sent there. Aside from maybe 1,000 or 2,000 fans traveling with the school, they draw their crowds locally. The St. Pete Bowl and the Cure Bowl will both need a big boost from USF and UCF this year to drive ticket sales. Last year the AAC didn't have enough teams for the Cure, which led to a San Jose State v. Georgia State and a dismal 18,536 in attendance. Even worse was the St. Pete Bowl with UCONN v. Marshall and their abysmal attendance of 14,652, second to last to only the Bahamas Bowl, and down 45%(26,675) from 2014 when NC State beat UCF. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

IMG_0450.JPG

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

As of today the ACC has 9 bowl eligible teams with NC State, Syracuse, and Duke still in the hunt for 6 wins.  NC state only needs 1 win, but it will have to be against Pitt or Miami . Syracuse would need to beat Pittsburgh and #18 FSU , and I can't see them giving us a rematch even if they do.  Duke must beat Pitt and Miami.  Beat guess if we get an ACC opponent is they lineup Pittsburgh or Georgia Tech which will be tough matchups with how they run  the football . 

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

That sounds like a terrible bowl game. Too many bowls. I still don't understand the Bahamas Bowl. Seems like a waste. This bowl access is terrible and Aresco needs to make sure things change when renegotiations start.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

That will be a royal rumble. LotsofMonarch72 is my Dad.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

36 minutes ago, bulls phanatic said:

That sounds like a terrible bowl game. Too many bowls. I still don't understand the Bahamas Bowl. Seems like a waste. This bowl access is terrible and Aresco needs to make sure things change when renegotiations start.

I believe there is a moratorium on new bowl games until 2020. We are contractually locked in to our bowl lineup through 2019. Pretty much all bowl games will be up for grabs beginning in 2020. However, if we don't have improved attendance, then we won't be in a position to get better games. We need to have an AAC rep in the NY6 bowl 3 of the next 4 years so that we can truly make the argument that we are P6. USF will have an excellent opportunity to be that team next season as we return virtually everyone (sans Nigel Harris and Rodney Adams) and our schedule is as weak as Western Michigan and SDSU's schedules are this season. Anything more than 1 loss next year will be a terrible disappointment and I am honestly expecting an undefeated season. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

49 minutes ago, bulls phanatic said:

You think too much of Aresco.  He is a boob.  But even a master negotiator couldn't sell the Generican to the masses because the Generican is a frightful heap of possum dung.

Edited by Carolina_Bull

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Days Won:  28

Im just happy if the Bulls get to a bowl game and play a P5 team not named Syracuse. Not sure why everybody is so picky now lol Hell I just want USF to freaking win their bowl game period. Last year left a bad taste in my mouth. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

That Old Dominion score would be lol

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

Is Old Dominion bowl game really a thing?