• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New bowl projections

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Wow.  What a crappy bowl lineup for the AAC

Pleeeaaase it's EPIC...the Boca Raton bowl is played in a converted shuffle board court in front of 40 rowdy elderly citizens...

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

It more sucks that there aren't tiers. I hate the idea that geography can dictate it. Our bowl lineup isn't great and I'm not entirely sure how it gets any better.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This x1000. It really gives teams little to play for once they reach 6 wins.

I'll go out on a limb and say that supposedly unattractive, potential bowl locations has nothing to do with how teams play after hitting 6 wins. Fans are a lot more concerned about that than the team is ...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/13/2016 at 6:41 PM, charsibb said:

Would you guys rather play Kentucky in B'ham or Miss St in St. Pete? I'd rather have MSU in B'ham...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/13/13613320/bowl-games-projections-2016-college-football-playoff-predictions

Personally...Mississippi State in St. Pete. And in the interest of full disclosure, the reason is that I've been a MSU fan for a long long time and - again, being honest - St. Pete is the only bowl I'd go to until such time as we're talking Playoffs for Nat Champ. Just me. 

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

I would probably go up to Birmingham to watch USF play Kentucky.  Love to see us give a beat down on an SEC team.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

At least if we play the #5 or #6 team from the MAC in st. Pete, we have a better chance for a win. Plus it will give our fans and players a once in a lifetime chance to see st. Pete!

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

56 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

At least if we play the #5 or #6 team from the MAC in st. Pete, we have a better chance for a win. Plus it will give our fans and players a once in a lifetime chance to see st. Pete!

:FIREdevil:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, bullcocky101 said:

Hey char, that's sarcasm. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

If the G5 had their own playoff the P5 would not have enough teams to play in these lousy bowls, would lose money, and  might force their hand to include G5 in an expanded 8 team playoff. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

55 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Hey char, that's sarcasm. 

Really? You sure? I hadn't noticed... :-D

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 hours ago, bullcocky101 said:

The MAC is going to barely be able to fill its own bowl tie-ins and that is IF Western Michigan doesn't get the Cotton Bowl bid. The Sun Belt looks like they won't be able to fill their 5 primary bowls with a 6-6 team. Our best hope for a "name" opponent is for there to either be too many bowl eligible teams from a major conference at 6-6 (not very likely) or not enough bowl eligible teams and then we would get one of the following teams that finished 5-7 based upon APR scores. The most likely candidates in order by APR would be: Army (might be 6-6, but would have only 5 FBS wins), Miami of Ohio, NC State, Arizona State, Ole Miss, UTSA, Colorado State, and Akron.  The teams that are 5-7 would have their choice of what bowl game to play in based upon APR rank. 

Last season there were a total of 3 openings in bowl games filled by 5-7 teams. Those teams were Nebraska, Minnesota, and San Jose State. Coincidentally, all 3 of those teams won their bowl games. Nebraska played in the Fosters Farms Bowl, Minnesota in the Quick Lane Bowl, and SJSU in the Cure Bowl. 

Edited by BullyPulpit