• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Watch 2017

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Could have sworn it was by bus.

lol How many coaches you know was born and raised in the city they coach for?  He watched UM, UF, and FSU become power houses. He has that Florida pride that most of use raised here has. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

56 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I may stop following college football if he went to UF. Rutgers would be another landing place that would offend my senses ...

There's a high chance I would just say **** it if he was on the sidelines at UF.  I've got the Jaguars to make me miserable on the weekends.  

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I still it is too early for him to make a move. Let's see a conference championship, a big win or even a bowl victory first.

I am of the opinion that, since he is a Bay area product with the team on the right trajectory with a school that can pay, perhaps not top dollar, but pretty good money and can offer long term stability he has a good deal. No telling what he is looking for though.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

Charlie Strong won 2 BE champs before getting the ideal job

Hopefully, Taggart has the same trajectory

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

You're right, it's pointless to speculate.  We should stop speculating altogether on this message board.  Let's only talk about proven facts - not even any interpretation of said facts, because that would be speculative in nature.  

This discussion isn't even interpretation of any facts as it relates to CWT and his job at USF.  The only facts are P5 schools have more money and prestige.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

This discussion isn't even interpretation of any facts as it relates to CWT and his job at USF.  The only facts are P5 schools have more money and prestige.

You seemed to have a problem with the speculation on the direction of Taggart's future career.  It just sounded like you were more interested in a boring message board where only facts would be discussed, with nothing speculative in nature.  Not that there's anything wrong with that ... 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

You seemed to have a problem with the speculation on the direction of Taggart's future career.  It just sounded like you were more interested in a boring message board where only facts would be discussed, with nothing speculative in nature.  Not that there's anything wrong with that ... 

Nope, we just have 8 pages of, "he's gone for sure" and, "no, he is staying for sure".  We might as well argue about what make of car he'll buy next.  It will be a BMW by the way, no doubt.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Alfa Romeo

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

We should honestly start a "Coaching Candidates" thread soon and start that discussion.

Taggart is gone yall. :(

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

And actually USF will be able to match most P5 pay except the very elite programs. I don't think we would have any problem paying 2-2.5 million a year for a coach who can compete for the conference every year. Not sure as the pay gap widens how long this will last. The assistant coaching positions however I have no clue. 

Edited by Gismo