• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Watch 2017

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Listening to College Sports Radio this morning and they were talking about the upcoming coaching carousel going into the 2017 season. Not getting in the B12 certainly hurts our chances of keeping Taggart. What jobs will be open? Are they a good fit? I think CWT will need to stay int he southeast. He is a Florida recruiter. But, he will have say a 24-27 to 27-24 record through his 4 seasons at USF. Huge props for rebuilding a program in the dumpster, he did that at WKU as well, so, there is going to be some buzz. Highly rated offense. We'll be hearing his name for new positions when December rolls around...

1. LSU - nope. He just doesn't have the resume for a marquee job like this in my opinion

2. Notre Dame - See above

3. Oregon - I don't think geography works here, though he had success in the PAC before as an assistant

4. Texas - same as LSU/ND, just don't see it. I think Herman ends up here.

5. South Carolina - I doubt that Muschamp gets the ax after 1 year, but, we know that they have already reached out to CWT. This could be a bigger issue after the 2017 season, if CWT stays next year, I could see him leaving when his core guys graduate (Flowers, DJ, Mack maybe)

6. Texas Tech - This one could be interesting. Offense is somewhat in place.

7. Kansas - nah, I think he would hold out for something better than Kansas

8. Ga Tech - Not sure that he would be able to recruit as well here, maybe, but it's a higher standard, not to mention a big job to dump the triple option

9. Oklahoma State - Gundy and T. Boone Pickens apparently don't get along. Gundy could go elsewhere if given the chance. I could see this as being very intriguing if CWT is in the conversation. I think this is on the cusp of his sub .500 resume getting in the way.

10. Kentucky - this is the most worrisome. More money, he has had success in the state before, SEC, he can still recruit florida, not a ton of expectations, so, he would have time to build something. I think he would go in a heart beat for this job if offered.

So... If not Kentucky, I think if OKSt or Texas Tech are offered, I could see CWT making a jump for more money. Obviously there will be other vacancies, but, I don't know that any of them are the ideal situation for him. Next year, South Carolina maybe after Muschamp is run out of another SEC town.

Any thoughts? Other places you guys could see CWT leaving for?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, Kentucky is the one I'm really worried about. Part of me thinks he's as good as gone if/when they offer him, but part of me thinks he'll look at everyone who's coming back next year and realize he could give it one more go here and put himself in an even better position for a more prominent offer.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Kentucky is a coaching graveyard. CWT would be foolish to take that job imo. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

i think it just depends on how this year plays out + what players decide to stay or go into the draft

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Actually, looks like there is a roughly $18M price tag for Kentucky to get rid of Stoops and his staff, so, that job likely will not come open!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Only jobs I'd worry about would be UF, FSU, Georgia...big name schools.

I don't see LSU offering. I think money wise we can compete with the mid tier sec and acc schools.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Yeah, Kentucky is the one I'm really worried about. Part of me thinks he's as good as gone if/when they offer him, but part of me thinks he'll look at everyone who's coming back next year and realize he could give it one more go here and put himself in an even better position for a more prominent offer.

I don't disagree, but I don't think our schedule will be nearly strong enough to get much national attention next year, other than simply padding his record.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

5 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I don't think CWT's record at USF is quite where it needs to be for him to start entertaining job offers at places that would be a major step up.  I think he needs at least one more year here like this one is playing out so far to be highly considered for a top job.  

Dis right der

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

If Taggart wins the conference; would we give him a better offer (top of our conference)