• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Watch 2017

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Add Auburn to that list... fully expect that position to be open in November or December.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

CWT is not leaving the Bay Area.

He worked very hard to get here and as long as we continue to win and progress as a football program, I don't see him leaving.

I do see other coaches coming on as assistants as their stepping stones but I think CWT is here for the long run.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

Some college programs are desperate and Willie T has rebuilt two programs from the ground.  I think if we kept Joe Kinnan we could be okay.   Still need a coach with Florida ties to recruit. Shoot Charle Strong may need a job. If Willie leaves come on in Charlie.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Bullrush33 said:

Some college programs are desperate and Willie T has rebuilt two programs from the ground.  I think if we kept Joe Kinnan we could be okay.   Still need a coach with Florida ties to recruit. Shoot Charle Strong may need a job. If Willie leaves come on in Charlie.

I wish we could have gotten Strong before Louisville did.  We would have had the chance and I'm guessing he probably would have rather gone to Tampa than to Louisville.  We could have had Teddy B also.  We just fired Leavitt a bit too late.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

Well, let's see...how many other coaches have left USF football for a higher rung on the collegiate coaching ladder?

OK, well, that's a bad example but...ummm...let's not go there.

Will he eventually move on? Sure. Anytime soon? Not probably. The reason I say that is he's had two good years at USF - and turn things around. However, I think the top-tier openings would likely be filled by someone else until CWTs resume is fleshed out with some more accomplishments (e.g. conference hardware, bowl wins, etc.). 

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

I like Taggart but his coaching experience in the P5 is a running backs coach. He needs to do more than just turn around a C-USA and an AAC team before the bigger schools will consider him. Texas boosters flipped out over Charlie Strong who was DC of two SEC schools and head coach of Louisville not to mention experience at Notre Dame.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, Bullrush33 said:

This is the best-case scenario if CWT leaves. Strong would do very well here. I agree, Taggart is going to have supporters who look beyond his record and at the job he actually did with the last 2 programs.

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
23 minutes ago, Southshore26 said:

Add Auburn to that list... fully expect that position to be open in November or December.

I don't agree with that at all. Auburn has found its Mojo again. Expect them to compete for a title next season. Just the way that program goes for some reason. Up an down consistently.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, ToroDeFuego said:

I like Taggart but his coaching experience in the P5 is a running backs coach. He needs to do more than just turn around a C-USA and an AAC team before the bigger schools will consider him. Texas boosters flipped out over Charlie Strong who was DC of two SEC schools and head coach of Louisville not to mention experience at Notre Dame.

I didn't have him as a serious candidate for LSU, Texas, ND. I agree, he doesn't have the "sparkle" that those fan bases are looking for. But, some of the mid-tier options... Kentucky, South Carolina, Texas Tech, Kansas? All have way more money than us and a clear path to a national championship to entice him. He's already been mentioned for South Carolina after last season. He's running a top-10 offense is college football nation leading streaks in games over 35 points and 200+ rushing yards. I don't think that those mid-tier schools would scoff at the idea of bringing him in to try and build a team to compete in their conferences. Kentucky and SC are bad, but, the SEC east isn't the west, it doesn't take Urban Meyer to come in and compete on that side of the conference.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Kentucky is the wildcard. Maybe Kansas, but anyone who takes that job deserves whatever happens to them.

• Upvote 1