• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Going for the last second touchdown

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

This became a close game of football. I see no problem with being up 16 points and going for a touchdown pass.  We have something to prove...why take a knee. Add the unclassy protest of the targeting call and all the coercion of the refs going on that side of the sideline = no problem going for the TD pass. 

I wanted to see a replay of the so called offensive pass interference call that took away the Junk Yard Dogs TD. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, USF_Grouper said:

I should add it was also profoundly stupid! You have college kids with emotions running high and and that point very little to loose... why not take some cheap shots at QF or chop some o linemen? Sportsmanship isn't always just about character. Only his performance in his opening game at USF rivals my disappointment in Willie Taggart today.

All of you losers crying about 'running up the score' need to go get yourselves participation trophies. It's pretty simple. If you don't want to play anymore, forfeit the game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

All of you losers crying about 'running up the score' need to go get yourselves participation trophies. It's pretty simple. If you don't want to play anymore, forfeit the game. 

That's **** right

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

I love the call to go for it. Why let up? So we won't hurt someones feelings? This is the system these days... you get credit for beating Ohio State and LSU by a touchdown. You don't get jack for beating ECU by a touchdown. With the teams we are playing, we have to beat them and beat them big to get any attention in the world of college football these days. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, ScienceBull said:

I love the call to go for it. Why let up? So we won't hurt someones feelings? This is the system these days... you get credit for beating Ohio State and LSU by a touchdown. You don't get jack for beating ECU by a touchdown. With the teams we are playing, we have to beat them and beat them big to get any attention in the world of college football these days. 

Like it or not, big margins of victory matter. Especially when you play ECU.

I've never been prouder of Taggart and I bet the team loved going for it right to the clock ran down.

This is the moment we started to play big boy football.

It's not like we were up 71-0, we needed those extra points for when press and coaches look at the scores and rank the teams.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Run it up, Willie. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

It's obvious Taggart is in with the betting people, trying to beat the spread. NCAA investigation is forthcoming!!

/conspiracy 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Where's the outrage at Ohio State and Michigan for running up the score on a defenseless Rutgers????? Hypocrites!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

7 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I think this is a very good problem to be dealing with after a game.

Yes it is, the best problem really.