• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Positives from Cinci game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

59 minutes ago, MMW said:

I think he was referring to the defense in the first half. 

We aren't good enough to shut out Cincy. Our A game is holding them to 20 like we did. USF isn't a top 15 team. We are more like 28-32 ish

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

Two more wins to go to get bowl eligible. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, MMW said:

That's because we were not salting the game away.   CWT thought it would be more valuable to get the second team done reps.

I know you realize you don't salt a game away when you are up by that much that late in the game.  You do that when you are up by 10 and want to run out the clock. 

If that was the case the 2nd team would have been in when we went up 4 scores with 12 minutes left. Instead he had our #1's in until about 4 minutes left.

This is the second time in three games the announcers have mentioned slowing down, and instead CWT left QF on the field and kept throwing deep. Its not like he is playing for a Heisman, get him out of there, run the ball, and come home with a big W.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

25 minutes ago, Capital H said:

If that was the case the 2nd team would have been in when we went up 4 scores with 12 minutes left. Instead he had our #1's in until about 4 minutes left.

This is the second time in three games the announcers have mentioned slowing down, and instead CWT left QF on the field and kept throwing deep. Its not like he is playing for a Heisman, get him out of there, run the ball, and come home with a big W.

The announcers that called us UCF last night?   I'm not sure I'm taking my advice on what's best for the team from them.  To be blunt,  I don't give a rats ass what they think we should be doing.  They don't know the team. 

Every other thread on this forum is about how QF needs to work on his throws and that's exactly what was going on.  The game was over and he was in for practice.   Later they put Kean in for PT.

At no point did we salt the game away or work the clock because it was glorified practice. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114

3 minutes ago, MMW said:

The announcers that called us UCF last night?   I'm not sure I'm taking my advice on what's best for the team from them.  To be blunt,  I don't give a rats ass what they think we should be doing.  They don't know the team. 

Every other thread on this forum is about how QF needs to work on his throws and that's exactly what was going on.  The game was over and he was in for practice.   Later they put Kean in for PT.

At no point did we salt the game away or work the clock because it was glorified practice. 

The announcers last night were terrible. I thought about turning off the volume while watching the game.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Two more wins to go to get bowl eligible. 

With the AAC's bowl lineup, only the championship matters

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318

2 hours ago, MMW said:

Yeah, this team has averaged 45 a game for roughly a whole season. Despite what the experts on this board would have you think QF doesn't need to be playing in the garbage time throwing deep balls.

Do you know when he should be working on the intermediate routes (and obviously had?) real practice. Not 4:30 left up 4 scores.

Where you all drunk by the 4th? You make it seem like Kean played the whole quarter. He didnt even start the **** drive.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

6 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

We aren't good enough to shut out Cincy. Our A game is holding them to 20 like we did. USF isn't a top 15 team. We are more like 28-32 ish

Our A game holds that particular Cincy team to under 20 and we hit a long pass or two maybe break 50.  Still for a road game at night in nippert...pretty good win.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Exactly. I saw a few people asking questions like, "Why can't we have CJL's defense with this offense?" Well, that's because when you have the #5 scoring offense in football AND a top 25 defense, you're probably one of the best 15 teams in the country.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, bulls phanatic said:

The announcers last night were terrible. I thought about turning off the volume while watching the game.

I have not heard tv announcers for USF games in years. I sync the tv with bulls radio broadcast. Game experience is much more enjoyable.