• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Positives from Cinci game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

I think we all saw the same thing with the defense.   I'm hoping the light went off at halftime last night.  Our defense is as anemic as our offense was until the Syracuse game last year so let's hope they figured things out. 

That being said there are some pretty big positives from last night's game. 

First,  QF played a great game and his intermediate throws were pretty spot-on. I don't think there can be a lot of complaints.

Second, we won a night game on the road against a conference rival in October. I'm too lazy to look it up but I know that's very rare.

Even though we're not happy with the defense, we beat them by a wider margin than Houston did (by a point but we also lead most of the game) and it's a testament to how far this team has come that we're complaining about a 25-point win on the road against Cincinnati.

Sands is going to be a stud.   

I think the defense turns a corner this week.   I like our chances against ECU and UCONN.

Edited by MMW
Typo
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, MMW said:

I think we all saw the same thing with the defense.   I'm hoping the light went off at halftime last night.  Our defense is as anemic as our offense was until the Syracuse game last year so let's hope they figured things out. 

That being said there are some pretty big positives from last night's game. 

First,  QF played a great game and his intermediate throws were pretty spot-on. I don't think there can be a lot of complaints.

Second, we won a night game on the road against a conference rival in October. I'm too lazy to look it up but I know that's very rare.

Even though we're not happy with the defense, we beat them by a wider margin than Houston did (by a point but we also lead most of the game) and it's a testament to how far this team has come that we're complaining about a 25-point win on the road against Cincinnati.

Sands is going to be a stud.   

I think the defense turns a corner this week.   I like our chances against ECU and UCONN.

+1...Though I think the D in the 2nd half shows what happens when we force TOs. Without TOs we still seem to have that bend don't break D. Any team with a power run game will continue to give us fits (looking at you Navy) and our scheme and personnel just will have a hard time stopping it. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

We didn't play our A game and still won on road by 25.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

We didn't play our A game and still won on road by 25.

I feel like we can copy and paste that for a lot of games this year. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318

Sands had 3 carries for like 12 yards in garbage time and we are giving him stud status?

Here are my positives:

I am positive we need to work on end of game management, we probably are not going to be up 25 in the 4th every game and this offense needs to learn how to salt away a game.

I am positive the defense needs to learn the game is 60 minutes, not 30. The 1st vs 2nd half stats are crazy.

I am positive Kean has a cannon, but he needs to look at the 2nd receiver occasionally. But seriously, it looks like Flowers is throwing a wiffle ball and Kean a baseball.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Sands had 3 carries for like 12 yards in garbage time and we are giving him stud status?

Here are my positives:

I am positive we need to work on end of game management, we probably are not going to be up 25 in the 4th every game and this offense needs to learn how to salt away a game.

I am positive the defense needs to learn the game is 60 minutes, not 30. The 1st vs 2nd half stats are crazy.

I am positive Kean has a cannon, but he needs to look at the 2nd receiver occasionally. But seriously, it looks like Flowers is throwing a wiffle ball and Kean a baseball.

I thought he was too conservative in his assessment. Sands is going to win at least two Heismans, from what I saw.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I thought he was too conservative in his assessment. Sands is going to win at least two Heismans, from what I saw.

Two that's crazy talk, most likely one but Kean gets one also.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

35 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Beano Cook!!!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Capital H said:

I believe I said "going to be" which I always learned meant "is not currently"

2 hours ago, MMW said:

Sands is going to be a stud

Yep,  that's what I wrote.   I'm basing that on the film I watched while we were recruiting him,  the reports I've heard on some of the other boards and comments from the coaches  (which the announcer mentioned last night.)

I also liked his speed and patience in the decent run he had last night.  

I think he is someone to keep an eye on because he is going to be a very good one.    If you think its premature that's OK. I'm a fan of the team and excited about his future. 

Edited by MMW
kk
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Good: O

Bad: D

Ugly: Atterbury going off on a cart

• Upvote 1