• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Positives from Cinci game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Exactly. I saw a few people asking questions like, "Why can't we have CJL's defense with this offense?" Well, that's because when you have the #5 scoring offense in football AND a top 25 defense, you're probably one of the best 15 teams in the country.

And we can't have a top 15 team in the country because? 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Days Won:  3

Sands talk is a big ridiculous. He showed nothing last night. It doesn't mean he won't be great, it just means he has a lot to prove before we annoint him in any regards. Good, bad, or otherwise. I look forward to blowing out more teams and seeing him get more time.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Sands talk is a big ridiculous. He showed nothing last night. It doesn't mean he won't be great, it just means he has a lot to prove before we annoint him in any regards. Good, bad, or otherwise. I look forward to blowing out more teams and seeing him get more time.  

True, he only had three touches but his last run (last play of the game) was pretty good and showed his speed. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Haha, the announcers...

They were adamant that QF has been missing all of his throws high. I guess they haven't seen the worm-burners he's been throwing this year.

Also, said that CWT couldn't be happy with time of possession because his game plan is to control the clock and keep the defense off of the field.

It is what it is. We get the bottom of the barrel on announcers. If we had beaten FSU, we probably would get a little better team, but, until we prove that we are worth doing a little research for before the game, this is what we have.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

21 hours ago, NovaBull said:

Without TOs we still seem to have that bend don't break D. Any team with a power run game will continue to give us fits (looking at you Navy) and our scheme and personnel just will have a hard time stopping it. 

I'm okay with our "bend but don't break" D, as long as its being executed properly by the players. When the Dline showed up during the 2nd half of the Cinci game, it helped the LB's and DB's tremendously. Dline is supposed to clog and help set up the rest of the D. They hadn't been doing that throughout the FSU game and the 1st half of Cinci. I hope they got this issue locked in now.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

10 hours ago, JTrue said:

Exactly. I saw a few people asking questions like, "Why can't we have CJL's defense with this offense?" Well, that's because when you have the #5 scoring offense in football AND a top 25 defense, you're probably one of the best 15 teams in the country.

CJL's defenses also committed a lot of stupid penalties at the worst times.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

42 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

CJL's defenses also committed a lot of stupid penalties at the worst times.

Yes. During the CJL years, I remember yelling at the TV on more than one occasion. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Yes. During the CJL years, I remember yelling at the TV on more than one occasion. 

I was looking at our penalties this year and we are average. We are not the best but we are not the worst which tells me we are a pretty disciplined team minus Dillion who is one of the worst offenders.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I have not heard tv announcers for USF games in years. I sync the tv with bulls radio broadcast. Game experience is much more enjoyable. 

That's a great idea. Any tips on syncing up? I remember having issues trying to do this last year with a stream online.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Sipher said:

That's a great idea. Any tips on syncing up? I remember having issues trying to do this last year with a stream online.

If you have a DVR it is pretty easy as the video is ahead of the audio on mobile devices ( I can sometimes be the opposite if you're using a PC to listen).  The video is about 15 seconds ahead. I just pause the video until the radio is syncing. You do have to recalibrate after every quarter. But it's no big deal.