• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reality check for USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 minute ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Honestly, I'm finding it harder and harder to get people to go using the 2 extra tickets that I buy.  I may pare down next year. It isn't like I couldn't pick up a couple of tickets for our friends to join us on the occasion they want to go.

Strange, I'm not having that issue this season. Past seasons? Possibly, but we've always had fun tailgates, so that made up for the putrid Holtz football.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldnt say the crown is handed to Kean after QF leaves, our 3rd stringer impressed in camp, no im talking about woulard

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Honestly, I'm finding it harder and harder to get people to go using the 2 extra tickets that I buy.  I may pare down next year. It isn't like I couldn't pick up a couple of tickets for our friends to join us on the occasion they want to go.

You're not selling the tailgating hard enough ...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Good post. 

We we have the best team we have had in a long time, and there still room to improve, especially on defense.

We have scored 35 or more points in 8 consecutive games. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

16 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

I wouldnt say the crown is handed to Kean after QF leaves, our 3rd stringer impressed in camp, no im talking about woulard

Oladokun will take over for Flowers as a RS Sophmore after next season. Kid is going to be special.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

30 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Oladokun will take over for Flowers as a RS Sophmore after next season. Kid is going to be special.

I Followed Kean through his highschool year and dude has a lot of heart to go with his skill and athleticism. (He ran a 4.7 in highschool, Im sure he is faster now.) Trust, he will take over for flowers and take over well. I think he will have 1 or 2 years eligibility anyways, so Oladukan will get his chance after..if Bruce Hudson doesn't come in and ball away lol

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

6GzVPXu.gif

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

You're not selling the tailgating hard enough ...

With the noon starts it is a hard sell.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I guess I don't quite understand (and I have no idea if it is the same people) why it is no problem that we gave up points late to No Illinois (in defense of our defense) but people point to our offense scoring late vs FSU (in defense of our offense).

Because I believe we had most of our starters out at the end of NIU, FSU didn't. They played the full 60 minutes as if it were a tie game that could go either way. Jimbo made a fuss after the game about how we scored so many points towards the end, leading me to believe that he was still trying full force to stop us. Could be wrong but that's how I saw it 

Edited by RedBull13
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I don't think that at all.  But apparently, our home-town paper said Sunday morning that the loss pointed out that USF is not ready for big-time football.  Glad they are pulling for us.  I guess if you are already P5, you can get spanked by a ranked team once in a while and you are still legit, but if you are USF, you don't belong.  Even if those teams have a $20MM a year budget advantage over us.

The only thing to do with the Tampa Bay Times is to line a bird cage with it.  If you do not have a bird, then use it to potty train a puppy.  If you do not have a puppy, then use it as liner of a kitty box.  If you do not have a cat, then use it to wipe your own back side.  That is all that paper is good for.

• Upvote 3