• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reality check for USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I didn't think we had a realistic shot of winning anyways, so I don't see all the fuss...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, deters- said:

I didn't think we had a realistic shot of winning anyways, so I don't see all the fuss...

lmao I say the same thing. Our best chance was FSU not taking us serious and we beating them. After the UL loss, I knew we was getting beat down. The fact we still put 490 yards of offense and 35 points on them is a positive to me. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

22 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Reality Check

#1 Im sorry, but we got spanked by FSU. But you know who else got spanked by at least 20 points this year and lived:

1.      FSU suffered the worst oss in school history and got beat by 43 pts…they lived

2.      #8 Michigan state loss by 24 pts…they lived

3.      #12 Gerogigia lost by 29 points…they lived

4.      #17 Arkansas lost by 19 pts…they lived

So what the ***** makes you think USF is too good to get a beat down if these RANKED teams got beat down? Get the **** over it. I say that is the most light hearted way

#2 The defense can play better and will play better. So leave Woodie alone and let him finish out the year.  Tom Allen defense didn’t exactly shut teams down last year and had the nerve to leave us after 1 year at USF. Woodie is coming in and starting over, he needs to have a learning curve just like Allen had.

1.      NIU scored 28 against #22 SDSU, and only 17 against us

2.      Syracuse score 27 against  UL and only 20 against us

3.      Townson had a 1000 yard rusher and a pass rusher both who are gettig considered for the NFL

4.      Woodie can’t go out and make tackles for these guys. It’s oviously we still have a need at defense since nobody is stepping up, or let’s be patient and our Defensive Savior Tramal Ivy save us.

5.      Our last defensive coordinator wasn’t exaxctly shutting teams out either. Err’body except for FAMU rushed for over 100 yards against us. We just need to keep recruiting until we have te  dominating defensive playrs.

#3. The only chance we had to beat FSU was if they beat Louiville and slept on us, but after getting spanked by Louisville, the football gods decided we was getting our ass whooped long b4 the game started. That game was probalbt ranked in the top 5 as the most motivation FSU ever came into a game. Dalvin Cook also had to prove that he was still a first round draft pick.

#4 Taggart is the best coach for our team. He’s from the area, the players love him and we are having the most success that this team has ever had.

#5 Quinton Flowers is going to be our starter for this year and next year. After him, we have Kean and if we haven’t already made it to the promise land, Kean should get us there. Our future is looking **** good.

#6 There is wanting better for your team and there is having a false sense of entitlement.

Just be patient and let the season play out. Why is everybody so quick to call for somebody to get fired? Imagine if your job had that attitude and was ready to fire you the minute  something didn’t go right? Let the season play out is all I say. 

I don't think that at all.  But apparently, our home-town paper said Sunday morning that the loss pointed out that USF is not ready for big-time football.  Glad they are pulling for us.  I guess if you are already P5, you can get spanked by a ranked team once in a while and you are still legit, but if you are USF, you don't belong.  Even if those teams have a $20MM a year budget advantage over us.

Edited by MaltLiquorBull
spelling
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

lmao I say the same thing. Our best chance was FSU not taking us serious and we beating them. After the UL loss, I knew we was getting beat down. The fact we still put 490 yards of offense and 35 points on them is a positive to me. 

I guess I don't quite understand (and I have no idea if it is the same people) why it is no problem that we gave up points late to No Illinois (in defense of our defense) but people point to our offense scoring late vs FSU (in defense of our offense).

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I don't think that at all.  But apparently, our home-town paper said Sunday morning that the loss pointed out that USF is not ready for big-time football.  Glad they are pulling for us.  I guess if you are already P5, you can get spanked by a ranked team once in a while and you are still legit, but if you are USF, you don't belong.  Even if those teams have a $20MM a year budget advantage over us.

This...every P5 team isn't FSU the majority are a tad better than avg AAC team.

One loss is all it is..just means we aren't quite ready to be a top 15 program. 

Remember that 06 season, we lost to a ranked UL on road then go on road and beat ranked WVU same season.

Team has to learn how to play vs the really good teams.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Big time football requires a big time fan base. We can still win the AAC. Get your friends, neighbors, families, coworkers, acquaintances talking USF football. Stop whining, and get to the games no matter the time.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Big time football requires a big time fan base. We can still win the AAC. Get your friends, neighbors, families, coworkers, acquaintances talking USF football. Stop whining, and get to the games no matter the time.

Honestly, I'm finding it harder and harder to get people to go using the 2 extra tickets that I buy.  I may pare down next year. It isn't like I couldn't pick up a couple of tickets for our friends to join us on the occasion they want to go.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I knew it would only take one lose for TheBullsPen to start eating their own. :-)