• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaches Poll: South Florida Preseason #45

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I would put us around 30...most coaches just BS this poll

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Enough of the ratings, just go ahead & start a Big XII death match with football now. Top 4 get the nod.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

I would put us around 30...most interns just BS this poll

FIFY

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

Nice to see Duke getting votes even though the Head Ball Coach retired...

Edited by Ricky the Bull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I think around 30 to 35 would be a more accurate number to start year.

The Green and Gold in me wants to agree, but really, we ended the year with a loss and we haven't proven anything yet. There isn't a voter in the country who can go by anything other than last years' box scores to fill out a ballot.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

Couldn't care less. Nice to see votes but we have a lot to prove. Are we better than #45? Hopefully. We have to prove first that last year wasn't a fluke. I'm not sold. The offense was horrendous the first 75% of CWTs tenure. Although I'm stoked about the possibilities, that 8 or 9 game stretch doesn't erase the four years or so of mediocrity we suffered before it. Up until that Cuse game, CWT was a goner but made an about-face in the middle of the season. I'm excited that we pulled another great class, that we brought Coach King on board, that Coach Gortmaker and Co are pushing the limits in the weight room, but I'm still concerned. Coach Allen and Coach Hope, regardless of your opinions about them and how much they had to do with the about-face, were the DC and OC during our turnaround and losing them could hurt us very much. There's still some question marks on the line, but I love bringing in Coach Hiller, and I'm a pretty big fan of the Coach Weist hire. I'm rooting for Coach Woodie -- the man's a great recruiter and a great position coach, but I know nothing about his ability to call a game; that probably scares me the most about this year, but I hope he works out. Most of all, I'm concerned about consistency -- if we have another good year, I'm sold for the future, but for now, in my mind, we could be #25 or we could be #125. No matter where we are, we're overrated until we're not.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

Couldn't care less. Nice to see votes but we have a lot to prove. Are we better than #45? Hopefully. We have to prove first that last year wasn't a fluke. I'm not sold. The offense was horrendous the first 75% of CWTs tenure. Although I'm stoked about the possibilities, that 8 or 9 game stretch doesn't erase the four years or so of mediocrity we suffered before it. Up until that Cuse game, CWT was a goner but made an about-face in the middle of the season. I'm excited that we pulled another great class, that we brought Coach King on board, that Coach Gortmaker and Co are pushing the limits in the weight room, but I'm still concerned. Coach Allen and Coach Hope, regardless of your opinions about them and how much they had to do with the about-face, were the DC and OC during our turnaround and losing them could hurt us very much. There's still some question marks on the line, but I love bringing in Coach Hiller, and I'm a pretty big fan of the Coach Weist hire. I'm rooting for Coach Woodie -- the man's a great recruiter and a great position coach, but I know nothing about his ability to call a game; that probably scares me the most about this year, but I hope he works out. Most of all, I'm concerned about consistency -- if we have another good year, I'm sold for the future, but for now, in my mind, we could be #25 or we could be #125. No matter where we are, we're overrated until we're not.

Agreed, let's temper expectations a tad. Had a lot of turnover coaches-wise and still worried about the interior of both lines. We face a good FCS team early with a former Oregon QB at the helm, then NIU who ALMOST upset #1 Ohio State early last year before going on the road to Syracuse. If we make it to 3-0 out the gates then we are really poised to do something special when FSU comes to town. Hugely impressed with Taggart in losing the ego and being able to recognize a change in offensive philosophy was badly needed after the Memphis game, but he was 1 or 2 more Ls away from being on the chopping block. Optimistic about this year, but not going bananas about being ranked 45 going in.

Guest PCBull14
44 minutes ago, LewSFBulls said:

Agreed, let's temper expectations a tad. Had a lot of turnover coaches-wise and still worried about the interior of both lines. We face a good FCS team early with a former Oregon QB at the helm, then NIU who ALMOST upset #1 Ohio State early last year before going on the road to Syracuse. If we make it to 3-0 out the gates then we are really poised to do something special when FSU comes to town. Hugely impressed with Taggart in losing the ego and being able to recognize a change in offensive philosophy was badly needed after the Memphis game, but he was 1 or 2 more Ls away from being on the chopping block. Optimistic about this year, but not going bananas about being ranked 45 going in.

I'm not tempering anything. We have the pieces and it should be expected to improve on last years record. Nothing less then that will be good enough. Expectations should and will remain high. CWT and upper athletics management will have it no other way. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

Underrated. 

I'll take it.

Much easier to hit a target when it's in front of you......

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, fla331boy said:

I'll take it.

Much easier to hit a target when it's in front of you......

Agreed, I like it better when we're underrated. But if we handle our OOC business and take out FSU at home, I want to see us break into the T25.

• Upvote 2