• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I cant remember a time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

This reminds me a little of 2011. Skip Holtz finally started to turn things around, B.J. had a great game beating Clemson in the bowl game and everything was looking golden for the next season. Don't mean to jinx it though.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

One thing USF athletics has never failed to do is break my heart in the end so I won't be expecting anything.

Edited by beastiebull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

56 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

On Thursday, October 18, 2007 Mike Jenkins did not bat the ball forward.  That play changed the course for USF football. 

Great play Mike. 

Go Bulls!

Agreed.  That play made me want to quit watching college football.  The whole thing is rigged.  I bet that call has NEVER been made since that game.  Thank you world, thank you karma, and thank you Big East officials. Worst feeling ever watching those Jersey D-bags celebrate  all while listening to them chant F USF at me and my pregnant wife as we walked silently to the bus to be taken to our car in their complete toilet bowl of a stadium, town and state.

Sorry, I haven't thought of that for a while and I think I needed to vent...

Also, Greg Schiano is a cheating piece of dog feces that I hope never coaches again.  Ahhhhhhhhh......

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, ToroDeFuego said:

This reminds me a little of 2011. Skip Holtz finally started to turn things around, B.J. had a great game beating Clemson in the bowl game and everything was looking golden for the next season. Don't mean to jinx it though.

Doooooooooood, yer killin me.

[edit] but no jinx, we didn't win our bowl game and we have decent depth at QB (should the unthinkable happen).

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

On Thursday, October 18, 2007 Mike Jenkins did not bat the ball forward.  That play changed the course for USF football. 

Great play Mike. 

Go Bulls!

Yeah that was tough but that team did not have the depth win the rest of their games. They probably still lose three more. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah that was tough but that team did not have the depth win the rest of their games. They probably still lose three more. 

Yup, the overlooked detail in that game was when Walt Walker went out with an injury. Our pass protection pretty much went to crap immediately. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Skip Holtz never got things turned around. This is nothing like 2011.  We won a bowl game against a beat up Clemson team to end the 2010 football season.  That was a team that should have won the conference, no excuses.  Holtz under performed and that team finished 8-5... 7-5 in the regular season.  Going into the 2011 season we were so overhyped... we got ranked as high as 13 or 18... or somewhere around there by the fourth game and got absolutely thrashed by Pitt and went on to lose 6 or the last seven games.  Going into that season there were a ton of question marks and the general idea that we didn't really have an offensive system and many fans were on BJ because he threw a ton of bad passes and ints.   Holtz's 3rd year was 3-9 and he got fired.  So when did he exactly did he "finally" get things turned around?  I, as well as many others, thought he was a garbage coach with no system and knew the day he was hired we were doomed.  So I guess that first season is relative to individual expectations.  

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I'm not sure I agree. They had two more extremely close games against UConn and CIncy before essentially blowing out the rest of their schedule the last three weeks of the regular season. The difference is that Mike Ford was busy being an idiot, so Leavitt had to sit him on the bench to teach him a lesson right when we needed him most. We don't lose to any of those three teams with Ford on the field.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 hours ago, Calibull said:

Skip Holtz never got things turned around. This is nothing like 2011.  We won a bowl game against a beat up Clemson team to end the 2010 football season.  That was a team that should have won the conference, no excuses.  Holtz under performed and that team finished 8-5... 7-5 in the regular season.  Going into the 2011 season we were so overhyped... we got ranked as high as 13 or 18... or somewhere around there by the fourth game and got absolutely thrashed by Pitt and went on to lose 6 or the last seven games.  Going into that season there were a ton of question marks and the general idea that we didn't really have an offensive system and many fans were on BJ because he threw a ton of bad passes and ints.   Holtz's 3rd year was 3-9 and he got fired.  So when did he exactly did he "finally" get things turned around?  I, as well as many others, thought he was a garbage coach with no system and knew the day he was hired we were doomed.  So I guess that first season is relative to individual expectations.  

Knew the day he was hired? At least now that we're rehashing beaten down topics, we're kicking  up the rhetoric to declaring Holrz was a failure before he even coached a game.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Calibull said:

So when did he exactly did he "finally" get things turned around?

Wow, simmer down a bit. I said "started to turn things around", which is true. Maybe I should of said seemingly, though. I deeply apologize. They won 5 out of the last seven to finish the season along with beating an ACC team. and, at least for me, there was a feeling of optimism for the next season. Sorry for getting you so upset though. I know this is really important stuff.

• Upvote 1