• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I cant remember a time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, smazza said:

clj wore out his welcome and could never get over the hump

hitting a player/student/child  was the last straw

" allegedly" hit a player

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

I will say 12-2 #13 finish with a loss to either FSU, or a random conference game, then a heartbreaking loss to Houston in the CCG, then a big bowl win!

The loser of the AAC Chapuonship game has little chance of finishing #13. We would have to be ranked in the top 5 before that game and have beaten FSU. Maybe finish 19 with a bowl win (and our bowls are weak) over P5. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

" allegedly" hit a player

The alleged incident seemed more of a love tap to me. He'll hath no furry like a women's err players scorn, at that right Mr. Erskin?

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

12 hours ago, smazza said:

clj wore out his welcome and could never get over the hump

hitting a player/student/child  was the last straw

I bet people weren't thinking that after the 2011 and 2012 when Skip crashed our program into a wall that was lower than mediocrity... he hit a wall of suck!  But I'm happy to have Coach Taggart.  So if getting rid of CJL got us a better coach in Coach T... then I'm ok with it.  But I wont pretend I was happy to see Holtz and I thought that entire fiasco that got CJL fired was shady at best.  I'll admit he couldn't seem to get over the hump... but I feel like if he'd coached that 2010 team he would have won the conference.  That was the team Skip won 8 games with... 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

9 hours ago, Calibull said:

I bet people weren't thinking that after the 2011 and 2012 when Skip crashed our program into a wall that was lower than mediocrity... he hit a wall of suck!  But I'm happy to have Coach Taggart.  So if getting rid of CJL got us a better coach in Coach T... then I'm ok with it.  But I wont pretend I was happy to see Holtz and I thought that entire fiasco that got CJL fired was shady at best.  I'll admit he couldn't seem to get over the hump... but I feel like if he'd coached that 2010 team he would have won the conference.  That was the team Skip won 8 games with... 

When you are bad for so long, mediocrity starts feeling good.  While CJL may not have gotten us over the "hump", and to this day I am not sure all fans have the same definition of the "hump" actually was, CWT has yet to win a bowl game.  In my mind, CWT is still somewhat on the hot seat this season, he has his own "hump" to get over.  Another decent season will be ok, a bowl win is expected, a CC win seems like a reasonable expectation, a non-bowl season and it is right back to fire CWT.  What I would't give to be dealing with CJL "humps" of not winning a much better Big East.  

I will leave this here - looking at it makes me kinda angry, not sure why, probably has something to do with hearing people talk about CJL humps:

2013 South Florida 2–10 2–6 8th      
2014 South Florida 4–8 3–5 7th      
2015 South Florida 8–5 6–2 2nd (Eastern) L Miami Beach

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

On 4/17/2016 at 11:47 PM, NavyUSFGuy said:

We may not get #2 in the country like we did in 2007, or have as many butts in the seats, but you can't always expect to break every record every year. I would be sooo thrilled to get 11 wins for the first time ever

10 wins for the first time would be fine with me as well.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

22 hours ago, smazza said:

i go with the flow on the board

So which is it then Steve? Italian or Chicken Tender?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

When you are bad for so long, mediocrity starts feeling good.  While CJL may not have gotten us over the "hump", and to this day I am not sure all fans have the same definition of the "hump" actually was, CWT has yet to win a bowl game.  In my mind, CWT is still somewhat on the hot seat this season, he has his own "hump" to get over.  Another decent season will be ok, a bowl win is expected, a CC win seems like a reasonable expectation, a non-bowl season and it is right back to fire CWT.  What I would't give to be dealing with CJL "humps" of not winning a much better Big East.  

I will leave this here - looking at it makes me kinda angry, not sure why, probably has something to do with hearing people talk about CJL humps:

2013 South Florida 2–10 2–6 8th      
2014 South Florida 4–8 3–5 7th      
2015 South Florida 8–5 6–2 2nd (Eastern) L Miami Beach

CJL did seem to hit a plateau of mediocrity.  We never even had a winning record in the BE if I recall and feel apart every October.   I'm not saying he wasn't a good coach and would have gotten it figured out but beating ECU in the Papa Johns bowl is not my measuring sick for a good coach.   Just like I won't hold it against him that that win was sandwiched between losing to NC State and getting embarrassed by Oregon.

• Upvote 1

One day CJL will have a statute at our on campus stadium I hope it is right next to the CWT one. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2007 had more hype.  Believe we started the preseason ranked #18 or something like that.  I think that was the year we actually dropped in the polls after beating UCF 64-12.

I do think we have a reasonable shot at sneaking it at #25 in one of the polls, but if not, at least receiving a lot of votes.

We'll win at least 10 games this year.

Edited by BullsFanInTX