• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

I cant remember a time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

In my life as a Bulls fb fan( since the beginning) when a season has set up as nicely as this one for us to finally win a conference championship.....no excuses, anything less is unacceptable...can anyone remember another year where we couldve, shouldve closed the deal....had the best  overall talent compared to the rest of the league, had a favorable home conference schedule, had the dynamic playmakers...this is our year!!!

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

But, were we expected to win the conference going into that season? I don't think we were the favorites. I remember West Virginia, Louisville and maybe Rutgers/Ciincy ahead of us as favorites. We came out strong and surprised a lot of people. In comparison to what OP is saying, I don't think anyone would be too surprised if we make the championship game, but I'd be surprised if we beat Houston. They are going to be loaded.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

57 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

In my life as a Bulls fb fan( since the beginning) when a season has set up as nicely as this one for us to finally win a conference championship.....no excuses, anything less is unacceptable...can anyone remember another year where we couldve, shouldve closed the deal....had the best  overall talent compared to the rest of the league, had a favorable home conference schedule, had the dynamic playmakers...this is our year!!!

5 minutes ago, CPR said:

But, were we expected to win the conference going into that season? I don't think we were the favorites. I remember West Virginia, Louisville and maybe Rutgers/Ciincy ahead of us as favorites. We came out strong and surprised a lot of people. In comparison to what OP is saying, I don't think anyone would be too surprised if we make the championship game, but I'd be surprised if we beat Houston. They are going to be loaded.

This is what has me uneasy!! High expectations can be very stressful. Going to be very tough. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,032
  • Days Won:  20

16 minutes ago, CPR said:

We were predicted as second. WVU first, we received one first place vote. What a disappointment the second half of the season that was. Still would love to see an atmosphere like that WVU game again before I die - I'm not even 30 yet but it's getting more and more doubtful. Regardless I'm ready for some football and want to see a conference championship trophy in the Lee Roy!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,863
  • Days Won:  12

Agreed. Given we went undefeated in our division last year itll be tough to live with anything less

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

23 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

We were predicted as second. WVU first, we received one first place vote. What a disappointment the second half of the season that was. Still would love to see an atmosphere like that WVU game again before I die - I'm not even 30 yet but it's getting more and more doubtful. Regardless I'm ready for some football and want to see a conference championship trophy in the Lee Roy!

I guess it just depends where you look.

http://www.gocards.com/news/2007/7/17/Cards_Picked_to_Finish_Second_in_BIG_EAST_in_2007.aspx

2007 BIG EAST FOOTBALL PRESEASON MEDIA POLL

Rank Team Pts.
1. West Virginia (20) 188
2. Louisville (3) 167
3. Rutgers (1) 142
4. USF 123
5. Cincinnati 86
6. Pittsburgh 80
7. Connecticut 45
8. Syracuse 32

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

11 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

Still would love to see an atmosphere like that WVU game again before I die - I'm not even 30 yet but it's getting more and more doubtful.

Oh ye of little faith. We're a young program with a growing fan base. If there's one thing that 2007 proved, Tampa is ready to hop on the bandwagon on a moment's notice. We need to keep garnering fervent season ticket holders that'll stick around when things get "Holtz-like," and then when things get hot again, we'll know that the bandwagon should be there to help fill Ray Jay (or an eventual OCS). I consider myself a realist, but even I'm fairly confident that we'll be able to have another "Hotdog Environment" like that WVU game.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It sets up as a pretty exciting season ahead. I just hope we keep pushing forward, keep looking better. If we win the CC, all the better but I'd be happy with an 8-10 win season.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Its hard not to be bullish on the Bulls right now.  I wanna see a good pass rush from the d line before I puff my chest out.  We have been out recruiting our conference sincw Taggart so wins will be expected.