• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I cant remember a time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Forget the past, this team will play for a conference championship this year. 

Darn straight. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Honestly the only team that has a chance to even sniff the AAC East right now besides us is Temple. I would say Cincy too, but holy cow, I don't know what happened to them at the end of last season! There is some big problems going on over there. Not a chance that UConn, ECU, or UCF challenges I don't think

Edited by NavyUSFGuy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Uconn will have a solid team this year

Based on what? They lose their star safety Andrew Adams, their D line, and they already had no offense to speak of. Don't mind that they recruit terribly. I am not saying a team can't come out of nowhere, but UConn is my pick to be last place in the east this year, battling it out with UCF

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

7 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Honestly the only team that has a chance to even sniff the AAC East right now besides us is Temple. I would say Cincy too, but holy cow, I don't know what happened to them at the end of last season! There is some big problems going on over there. Not a chance that UConn, ECU, or UCF challenges I don't think

Dude, UCF is fast now ....... I mean really fast. They even had a fastival and everything.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

In a more serious mood, I saw a few highlight reels of UCF's spring game... They actually look very slow for a team that is going to pride itself on speed. Sure, Frost's first recruiting class hasn't set in yet, but I hope for their sake that they aren't relying on an average recruiting class of incoming freshmen

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Uconn will have a solid team this year

They still dont have a QB or offense for that matter. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

On 4/22/2016 at 0:48 PM, Apis Bull said:

Here's the problem, you see the bad records.  I see the improvement.  We were in a dark place when CWT took over.

It has more to do with folks talking about CJL's "humps" while CWT has yet to take us close to where CJL did, in my mind anyway.  However, the conversation is really just that, conversation.  We are on an upward trend and improving.  The past is in the past and we should be back to going to and winning bowl games this year.   

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

It has more to do with folks talking about CJL's "humps" while CWT has yet to take us close to where CJL did, in my mind anyway.  However, the conversation is really just that, conversation.  We are on an upward trend and improving.  The past is in the past and we should be back to going to and winning bowl games this year.   

It's hard to refute when there's no apples to compare to anymore. But strictly speaking about how we finish in-conference, CWT has done something CJL had trouble with--find a formula that ends on an upward trend. Just one season, but that was really nice to see.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

15 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

It's hard to refute when there's no apples to compare to anymore. But strictly speaking about how we finish in-conference, CWT has done something CJL had trouble with--find a formula that ends on an upward trend. Just one season, but that was really nice to see.

I don't know if we can say CWT has found a formula that ends on an upward trend. He's trended up for two years. If it continues for two more, it ends with him leaving. And CJL trended up from 2000-2002, 2004-2006. No one's timeline can perpetually continue upward.