• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is game today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Sellular1 said:

You're making excuses for people who weren't in the game.  I'm just saying we looked like total crap and so did Houston.  I certainly hope we get better and believe COA can eventually fix this mess, but please call it as it is, not how it could be if only so and so was playing because obviously they aren't.

How am I making escuses for Holston or Peters??? I said that our guards are playing poorly because our bests guards aren't on the court. That's a fact.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

12 hours ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

They lost by 6 to the second best team in he American, and it was only a 1 point game with a minute left. There is definitely improvement in every aspect of the game except for passing/turnovers. Defense was fantastic, they shot well from the free throw line, and they shot well from beyond the arc. I completely agree that these turnovers are a huge problem, but everything else is looking optimistic.

Second best team in the AAC? You just looked at their record right? They've played no one. They lost to Grand Canyon. Houston is going to struggle to make the NIT, that record is the product of a soft schedule littered with low majors

Edited by Joe

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

If you didn't think that we played very good defense then I really don't know what you expect from this team. They rebounded very well and forced Houston into my bad shots. Our guard play is so bad because 2 of our best 3 guards are injured. I think that McMurray had a **** good game, but he has nobody to back him up so he is forced to play 38 minutes a game, and the defense solely focused on shutting him down and making his teammates make shots. We lack depth at guard due to injury, but I am looking forward to seeing Holston and McMurray on the floor at the same time next year. Again, everybody on this board points out every little negative thing there is, but either is oblivious to the positives or purposely denies them.

When a team has only won three games all year it is "those every little negative things" that are the problem. 

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We were in a position to win the game with a minute left but unfortunately we did not execute well on both sides of the ball in that last minute. Much better effort but they need to step up in crunch time. Fundamentals...fundamentals...fundamentals

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

On December 30, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Cpa_bull1990 said:

FIRE ANTIGUA! He sucks and is over matched.

Why is Rod Strickland even on his Coaching Staff? I figured he would add some sort of expertise, but our Guards suck.

It is funny how for 2 years straight now I hear how great Antigua's next recruiting class will be but then 1 or 2 of the recruits can't get in to USF or just were just plain over hyped.

I would also prefer to see more US recruits rather than guys from Puerto Rico (Morillo, etc.) that can't play at this level.

Antigua was a horrible hire!!!!!!!!

Firstly, there is a lot of anger in this post. 

Secondly, yes I stated the obvious.

Thirdly, I feel this is about as racist a comment I've ever seen on this forum to date. Speaking as one of Puerto Rican descent. Btw, Karl Anthony Towns is Dominican. I don't know if you've ever heard of him but he is an alright kind of baller. I could be wrong though (PS: I'm not wrong)

Btw we are playing with essentially bench guards. And Nuñez (I was working so I didn't see the game) has been on FIRE the past couple games. He's a 3, they generally aren't the best passers to begin with. We HAVE had that be a chronic problem for us though (lazy passes).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, JoshuaG said:

Thirdly, I feel this is about as racist a comment I've ever seen on this forum to date. Speaking as one of Puerto Rican descent. Btw, Karl Anthony Towns is Dominican. I don't know if you've ever heard of him but he is an alright kind of baller. I could be wrong though (PS: I'm not wrong)

Btw we are playing with essentially bench guards. And Nuñez (I was working so I didn't see the game) has been on FIRE the past couple games. He's a 3, they generally aren't the best passers to begin with. We HAVE had that be a chronic problem for us though (lazy passes).

Don't see any way his comment was "racist" at all.

Edited by Sellular1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785

Don't worry. We will bury this season in our minds with many future season of hopeful success.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785

2 hours ago, JoshuaG said:

19 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

I concur with sellular1 statement. 

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

36 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

He said that people that aren't born on the United States can't play at the same level as us, which is a complete lie.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707

His last paragraph specifically targeted Hispanic players, stating that we can't play on this level. Not to mention he blew off the fact that Puerto Rico is a US Territory and that Morillo is Dominican (you know, because all of us brown folk are the same anyway).

I don't get offended by much, but I read that and twitched a little bit. Players from the US.... Two of the four Hispanics on the team are from New York btw, the other two are from the DR. If the majority of people think I'm seeing something that's not there then fine but the verbiage doesn't seem off? He might as well have said "I don't want to see any more of your kind on the court, you can't ball."

If you can't ball you can't ball. "US recruit" or not.

• Upvote 2