• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is game today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, JoshuaG said:

His last paragraph specifically targeted Hispanic players, stating that we can't play on this level. Not to mention he blew off the fact that Puerto Rico is a US Territory and that Morillo is Dominican (you know, because all of us brown folk are the same anyway).

I don't get offended by much, but I read that and twitched a little bit. Players from the US.... Two of the four Hispanics on the team are from New York btw, the other two are from the DR. If the majority of people think I'm seeing something that's not there then fine but the verbiage doesn't seem off? He might as well have said "I don't want to see any more of your kind on the court, you can't ball."

If you can't ball you can't ball. "US recruit" or not.

Spot on.  The original post was way out of line.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

12 hours ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

He said that people that aren't born on the United States can't play at the same level as us, which is a complete lie.

That's certainly not "racist" it's "xenophobic"...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

That's certainly not "racist" it's "xenophobic"...

And for those that don't know what "xenophobic" means and too lazy too look it up, just substitute "clueless" for the same effect ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Xenophobic doesn't qualify, Puerto Rico is a US Territory. Not a sovereign nation.

I'm letting this go now. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

On 12/31/2015 at 11:27 PM, Sellular1 said:

Dude, I watched the entire game and if Houston is the 2nd best team in the league, we are in the shiitiest league on the planet.  I don't think COA should be fired, but our team sux asssss.  Defense was not fantastic and free throw shooting was crap.  Perry air balled free throws and he's supposed to be one of our best FT shooters.  Our guard play is the worst I've ever seen in almost 30 years watching our team.

As had been pointed out by others, but you do realize there is 1 guard on the roster.  Tough for kid to play 2 positions at once.  Even the walk on kid Bodway is not available. You really need to understand the situation COA is dealing with.  Also the reason we've gone to playing more zone.  Needs to keep the guard out of foul trouble.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

As had been pointed out by others, but you do realize there is 1 guard on the roster.  Tough for kid to play 2 positions at once.  Even the walk on kid Bodway is not available. You really need to understand the situation COA is dealing with.  Also the reason we've gone to playing more zone.  Needs to keep the guard out of foul trouble.

Not trying to disagree with you, but you're making excuses.  I was just stating facts about what was on the court.

3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

32 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Not trying to disagree with you, but you're making excuses.  I was just stating facts about what was on the court.

Dude, you've stated very few, if any, facts in this thread, mostly opinions ..... which is just peachy ... but don't try to pass them off as facts.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

37 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

No excuse. The fact is that there is only 1 healthy guard yet you are complaining about guard play.  Morillo isn't a guard. He is playing out of position.  Of all the horrible entry passes being made (or attempted), his are about the worst.

41 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

No excuse. The fact is that there is only 1 healthy guard yet you are complaining about guard play.  Morillo isn't a guard. He is playing out of position.  Of all the horrible entry passes being made (or attempted), his are about the worst.

Actually, it is an excuse and there's nothing wrong with it being one in this instance. People always try to put a bad connotation on the use of that word when at times it's nothing more than a synonym for the kinder, gentler sounding reason

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Not sure what the argument is. Injuries or not, PG or not, etc. Having three wins at this point in the season is disgraceful, even for a historically bad basketball program like USF.