• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is game today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,077
  • Days Won:  2

I'll give Perry credit, he had a good game from the foul line...Nunez and Cousins were awful and the turnovers are just pathetic.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Edited by GaUSFBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982

Next season will be better if for no other reason then that both Morillo and Nunez will be gone. Those two easily have the worse basketball IQ on the team and around CBB period. Morillo came here with low basketball intelligence and he will leave here with just that as well. Unfortunately for USF those two have major roles on the team with the lack of bodies and overall available talent.

Basketball is a guards game and this is where USF is hurting the most this season. Frankly once Holston went down and Smith couldn't make it in, a successful season was highly doubtful. The only good news is that McMurray will be that much better next season because on these trials by fire situation he was forced into.

I like Antigua's class coming in but I do feel he's still one talent away. Andres Feliz is the best PG in the state of Florida for the 2016 class and will make an immediate impact next season. Troy Baxter's offensive game is expanding nicely to the perimeter which makes him an elite level prospect. I do feel he needs to play the SF in college to be a force both offensively and defensively. Without an outside game he  more closely resembles  Bo Zeigler,which USF doesn't need. Savvy PG Geno Thorpe will be eligible and we're keeping fingers crossed that Holston and Peters and come back strong from injury.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

FIRE ANTIGUA! He sucks and is over matched.

Why is Rod Strickland even on his Coaching Staff? I figured he would add some sort of expertise, but our Guards suck.

It is funny how for 2 years straight now I hear how great Antigua's next recruiting class will be but then 1 or 2 of the recruits can't get in to USF or just were just plain over hyped.

I would also prefer to see more US recruits rather than guys from Puerto Rico (Morillo, etc.) that can't play at this level.

Antigua was a horrible hire!!!!!!!!

• Downvote 5

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180

3 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Why is Rod Strickland even on his Coaching Staff? I figured he would add some sort of expertise, but our Guards suck.

It is funny how for 2 years straight now I hear how great Antigua's next recruiting class will be but then 1 or 2 of the recruits can't get in to USF or just were just plain over hyped.

I would also prefer to see more US recruits rather than guys from Puerto Rico (Morillo, etc.) that can't play at this level.

First of all: Do you even know what you are talking about????? Are you saying that international players can't play in the U.S.? Most of our women's team are from different countries and they are a top 20 team. Our guards suck because our best guard Holston is injured and out for most if not all of the season, Roddy peters is out for the rest of the season, and Jake Bodway is injured. We only have 3 active guards on the roster right now, and one of them never gets playing time. McMurray has proven to be an excellent shooter, and we get an actual point guard coming in next year. If you watched the game today then you would know that we have the talent and potential to win day in day out, if we stopped turning the ball over 20 times a game. The only players that is overhyped on this team would be Morillo and Roddy Peters, who was coming off from an injury. There is no doubt in my mind that Antigua deserves a third year, and I expect that if we have no/minimal injuries next year we will be able to play in the NIT tourney at least, and if we stop turning the ball over so much I see no reason why we couldn't reach the NCAA tournament.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Puerto Rico is the US, and Morillo is Dominican.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I very much know what I am talking about! Antigua sucks and was a poor hire!!!

If we have talent and potential, then we would not be turning the ball over 20 plus times. We flat out suck. I heard so much about Peters and he was so over hyped it isn't even funny. Bodway is a walk on, so why is he even being mentioned. I honestly can't think of 1 positive that Antigua has going for him.

My point exactly, George Jenkins, Morillo is Dominican (outside of US) and sucks! Recruit some good American players already.

The women's team may have some foreign players, but Fernandez is excellent coach. Courtney Williams is awesome!

We are 3-11 which is totally unacceptable. I remember Judy Genshaft being so unprofessional with the choke sign in a press conference before Heath was fired. Well, great hire Judy and Harlan! Antigua flat out sucks!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

55 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

I don't think Pitino would have these guys above .500  We need players with better fundamentals.  

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180

6 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Yes, I very much know what I am talking about! Antigua sucks and was a poor hire!!!

If we have talent and potential, then we would not be turning the ball over 20 plus times. We flat out suck. I heard so much about Peters and he was so over hyped it isn't even funny. Bodway is a walk on, so why is he even being mentioned. I honestly can't think of 1 positive that Antigua has going for him.

My point exactly, George Jenkins, Morillo is Dominican (outside of US) and sucks! Recruit some good American players already.

The women's team may have some foreign players, but Fernandez is excellent coach. Courtney Williams is awesome!

We are 3-11 which is totally unacceptable. I remember Judy Genshaft being so unprofessional with the choke sign in a press conference before Heath was fired. Well, great hire Judy and Harlan! Antigua flat out sucks!!!!!!

First of all, I just want to make this clear. You are saying that any walk on athlete should never be mentioned when talking about a team? He is a player on the team and currently the 3rd best guard we have so of course he should be mentioned. Just because players come from a different country doesn't make them any better or worse than players in he U.S. Potential means that we have the keys to be successful, not that we are successful. This is a team that has barely played with each other before, but the turnovers are still unacceptable but can be fixed when a team gains more playing time together. You were also calling for Taggart to be fired earlier this season and look where our football team is now. You would think that people on his board would learn from the past but I guess not.