• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is game today

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not sure what the argument is. Injuries or not, PG or not, etc. Having three wins at this point in the season is disgraceful, even for a historically bad basketball program like USF. 

It is horrible .... but you don't fire a coach not even on the job two years, his first college hoops hc position, when he had to scramble to just get bodies his first year ..... especially looking at the injuries at an already thin position. If we're sitting here next New Year's Day with only 3 wins, I could understand the pitch forks coming out a little better ..... but, to be fair, I think it's only one, or maybe two, misguided souls on here calling for his head now.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Dude, you've stated very few, if any, facts in this thread, mostly opinions ..... which is just peachy ... but don't try to pass them off as facts.

Trip, don't know how you can say things are "opinions".   The fact is the product on the floor sucks.  I know there are injuries and people aren't playing because they are hurt, but the fact is the team we are fielding can't beat most girls teams. What am I missing? I don't want COA fired and I think he can turn this around.

Edited by Sellular1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It is horrible .... but you don't fire a coach not even on the job two years, his first college hoops hc position, when he had to scramble to just get bodies his first year ..... especially looking at the injuries at an already thin position. If we're sitting here next New Year's Day with only 3 wins, I could understand the pitch forks coming out a little better ..... but, to be fair, I think it's only one, or maybe two, misguided souls on here calling for his head now.

I agree, no problem with giving him another year. But he has to produce next year. Nothing great, but at least 12 to 14 wins.  If not, I am not sure Coach O survives.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, Sellular1 said:

Trip, don't know how you can say things are "opinions".   The fact is the product on the floor sucks.  I know there are injuries and people aren't playing because they are hurt, but the fact is the team we are fielding can't beat most girls teams. What am I missing? 

That's why I didn't definitively say everything you've stated was opinion. 3-11 does suck .... Worst guard play in 30 years .... opinion ... both teams played like total crap .... opinion ... and you were flat out wrong about CP's ft shooting. I do understand that in the post heat of the battle, after giving a game like that away in the waning moments, people tend to exaggerate because of the emotions and I really should hold off the critiquing for a 24 hour cooling off period.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Actually, it is an excuse and there's nothing wrong with it being one in this instance. People always try to put a bad connotation on the use of that word when at times it's nothing more than a synonym for the kinder, gentler sounding reason

Actually it isn't an excuse.  We have one guard and he is playing well.  

• Upvote 1