• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is game today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

Did you watch today's game?

I watched a **** load of turnovers. This team has not been coached well on passing (inbound passing was a joke) and defending the three all season. Don't see where I should be optimistic that trend will suddenly stop. Maybe they win three more but that is being very, very, optimistic. 

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I watched a **** load of turnovers. This team has not been coached well on passing (inbound passing was a joke) and defending the three all season. Don't see where I should be optimistic that trend will suddenly stop. Maybe they win three more but that is being very, very, optimistic. 

They lost by 6 to the second best team in he American, and it was only a 1 point game with a minute left. There is definitely improvement in every aspect of the game except for passing/turnovers. Defense was fantastic, they shot well from the free throw line, and they shot well from beyond the arc. I completely agree that these turnovers are a huge problem, but everything else is looking optimistic.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

They lost by 6 to the second best team in he American, and it was only a 1 point game with a minute left. There is definitely improvement in every aspect of the game except for passing/turnovers. Defense was fantastic, they shot well from the free throw line, and they shot well from beyond the arc. I completely agree that these turnovers are a huge problem, but everything else is looking optimistic.

No, I agree that today was the "first" time I have seen improvement all year from this team and that is good to see. But the question is: can they do it again? Many of these players had their best game of the year (Chris Perry in particular) but I don't know if they can do it again. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No, I agree that today was the "first" time I have seen improvement all year from this team and that is good to see. But the question is: can they do it again? Many of these players had their best game of the year (Chris Perry in particular) but I don't know if they can do it again. 

Completely agreed, but I'm just saying that if they play like this for the rest of the season, key word if, then they have a chance to win 10 games.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Houston has a nice record BUT they are NOT the second best team in this conference 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Before the game COA mentioned how they have been working on passing in practice.   I couldn't tell you if they don't know how to coach passing (doubt that) or if it isn't showing in games yet (kinda like football looking like a train wreck for 2 1/4 years).  It may come together.  Our entry passes to the bigs is a two fold problem.  The bigs don't get proper positioning to accept the pass many times and the passes are either off target or too soft.  This is fixable I hope.  But I have no expectations this year as far as our record goes but am hopeful for next year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

Completely agreed, but I'm just saying that if they play like this for the rest of the season, key word if, then they have a chance to win 10 games.

That chance is slim to none if they keep turning the ball over 20 times a game and missing the number of shots they did from 3 feet in. All things considered, still think this was one of their best played games of the season, minus the two things mentioned. Thought they played hard to the end but brain farts in closing minute sealed it .... especially the turnover in bounding the ball after UH pushed it to a 4 point lead with a try. With Houston pressing, why in the hell was there no one down with McMurray as an option? With their consistency and depth, they have to play almost error free ball to have a fighting chance.

The knee jerk reaction of "Fire the coach!" without giving him sufficient time to build is pretty much expected, even after an expected loss. If the team hasn't shown some serious improvement at the end of next year, the tar and feather bunch would have a decent argument.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

If we can't win a game in which we nearly double the opponent in rebounding and shoot a better FG% and FT% then we are going to have trouble winning any game. I think we split with UCF, Tulane, Temple, and ECU to finish with 7 wins.

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That chance is slim to none if they keep turning the ball over 20 times a game and missing the number of shots they did from 3 feet in. All things considered, still think this was one of their best played games of the season, minus the two things mentioned. Thought they played hard to the end but brain farts in closing minute sealed it .... especially the turnover in bounding the ball after UH pushed it to a 4 point lead with a try. With Houston pressing, why in the hell was there no one down with McMurray as an option? With their consistency and depth, they have to play almost error free ball to have a fighting chance.

The knee jerk reaction of "Fire the coach!" without giving him sufficient time to build is pretty much expected, even after an expected loss. If the team hasn't shown some serious improvement at the end of next year, the tar and feather bunch would have a decent argument.

I completely agree, but I feel like people are pointing out everything that we are not improving at instead of the things we are, such as free throw shooting down the stretch, solid defense, and three point shooting. That's just how I like to view things, but I understand that a lot of people think the exact opposite way.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Maybe next time!!