• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Had a solid year as a conference, but that doesn't take away from what our conference really is. Weak. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,039
  • Days Won:  38

10 hours ago, JTrue said:

No idea how I managed to do the above post, it got gagged in my reply and I couldn't delete it.

But I was going to say, we love getting our panties in a bunch and making ridiculous predictions and/or arguments that lend themselves to making fun of later.

I honestly thought we would do better than that in the bowls. I wasn't totally convinced that USF would win, but the "WKU=CINCY" was too strong and I kept my mouth shut :P

As for the other teams, I don't know. What's up with Temple? They were supposed to be 2nd in command.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

23 hours ago, smazza said:

who watch's commercials anymore

Anyone who watches live sports. While you, personally, may avert your eyes, live sports is the last bastion of commercial advertising. Face it, once you've got the score, it's not like you're (a desirable marketing demographic) are going to actually sit down and watch three hours of a football game. Even on-demand television disables the fast-forward function so you will be exposed to the commercials. This is tough stuff, wrestling that last nickel out of your pocket. So many people have shifted to on-demand access from devices other than the set-top box, it's tough to sell commercial time, let along substantiate the number of eyes-on-the-commercial. Think about how videos now have some ad that will either end in 30-seconds or 'skip the ad in xxxx seconds'. As long as there's one nickel left in your pocket, we're gonna find some way to convince you to part with it. Now buy my **** product. :FIREdevil:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 10:24 PM, Rocky Style said:

Remember that thread where we were stunned that AAC was predicted to lose all the bowl games?

Not all of us

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Navy was the class of the conference in my opinion. Would have loved to have see them in the Peach bowl instead of Houston.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Yep, Navy was a great addition to the conference. I'm glad they stuck with the decision.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/28/2015 at 8:04 PM, CaliforniaBull said:
USF was 5th in the AAC vs WKU 1st in CUSA. Temple was 3rd in the AAC based on record, and lost to Toledo who had the best record in the MAC. Connecticut was tied for 7th, lost a tight match to Marshall who was 2nd in the CUSA, and lastly, Tulsa was tied for 7th as well, lost a tight match with VT. Oh yea, no excuse for Cincy, but they were 6th in the AAC going against the #1 MWC team. So yes, the AAC has played badly, but you guys know that if you put #1 vs #1, #2 vs #2, ect, against any g5 conference, the AAC would win the majority of its matchups.
Guys I am not saying that the AAC is playing well, but you still have to factor in who we as a conference have played, and that none of the top dogs in the AAC west (easily the stronger side) have played yet.

+100