• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good God the disrespect for WKU is amazing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

You don't understand, it's not about the team but the conference they come from. Funbelt teams no matter who they beat or what their record is will always be viewed as inferior. 

Same could be said for us in the AAC...

I, too, am nervous about this game.  Should be a fun one to watch...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Because our entire conference is facing conference champions, a ton of teams that are or were ranked at some point during the year, and P5 opponents. The opponent lineup is strong, but so are we. 

Let's look at the opponent line up. Ten win WKU (CUSA champs), nine win Marshall (runner up in their division), P5 Virginia Tech playing to give Frank Beamer one more win, 8-4 P5 Pittsburgh, P5 Auburn, 10 win MWC champ San Diego State, P5 Auburn, and 9th ranked FSU. Is it any wonder not a single team is favored? Yet we have an opportunity to show we're better top to bottom then any conference in the G5. 

That's exactly why I asked the question of why we're the big dog. Maybe in the minds of some, but we haven't been the big dog in years. I'll be happy winning the dog fight.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Because our entire conference is facing conference champions, a ton of teams that are or were ranked at some point during the year, and P5 opponents. The opponent lineup is strong, but so are we. 

Let's look at the opponent line up. Ten win WKU (CUSA champs), nine win Marshall (runner up in their division), P5 Virginia Tech playing to give Frank Beamer one more win, 8-4 P5 Pittsburgh, P5 Auburn, 10 win MWC champ San Diego State, P5 Auburn, and 9th ranked FSU. Is it any wonder not a single team is favored? Yet we have an opportunity to show we're better top to bottom then any conference in the G5. 

the perception of the conference could be go way up if we win these games. Also, the payday for the conference could be really good. Aresco said he wanted the best matchups he could get for the conference, and it looks like he did a decent job. With better tie-ins next year could be even better if we have enough qualifying teams

Edited by HR Bull

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

I understand the people that are upset with the timing of the Bowl Game. I am not sure I am going to be able to make it 2:30pm on a Monday before Christmas is hard.

That being said the disrespect for our opponent in the game is ridiculous. People are pissed because we didn't get a major conference 6 win team. Many people expect a blow out.  Some of our fans must think we are the new Alabama or something.

WKU is a good football team, and I expect a close game. They are a 10 win team with losses to LSU (by 28) and Indiana (by 2) I know Indiana is 6-6 but that is a **** good team, with 1 possession losses to Ohio State, Iowa, and Michigian.

The Seniors on the WKU team were all recruited by Taggs and they will be ready to play. A win for USF here is a Quality win, and to be honest possibly the most win of our season.

Go Bulls, Beat WKU.

Did you really have to make another thread to say this? On the flip side, I could say the fear of the mighty Hilltoppers on this thread is amazing.

How do we think we are Alabama???? Because we think we could beat WKU??? I could understand the outrage if I said "we should be in the CFP" or "we should be ranked in the top 10"

I hardly believe that thinking this team should beat a CUSA team is saying we are the best....

That being said, one could take your comments as disrespectful to our team...

Edited by ForestBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,011
  • Days Won:  38

I didn't read much disrespect at all for WKU. I think there is a whole thread dedicated to how they are going to be a good matchup. Would I rather destroy Auburn in the Birmingham Bowl? Yes, because SEC is the golden baby of college football.

Still, flights are super cheap to Miami on a Monday and I got the day off so no big whoop. Marlins suck. Go Rays.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

WKU will try hard...

Don't let the odds favor them

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I dont see much disrespect. We would obviously prefer a P5 team, but then so would they. Nothing surprising here. 

We obviously think we are going to win. I am sure they do too. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

Did you really have to make another thread to say this? On the flip side, I could say the fear of the mighty Hilltoppers on this thread is amazing.

Thank you. Was wondering if I was the only one thinking that. This board certainly has its' share of  attention ****** ...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Thank you. Was wondering if I was the only one thinking that. This board certainly has its' share of  attention ****** ...

mean comment

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

They are a decent team, but I think that most people on here look past them because of their conference affiliation and lack of reputation. WKU strikes fear in the heart of no fan around. I think Taggart will have our boys prepared. He knows their team and personnel well, so we have some reasons to be optimistic.

Not just people here. Joe and Jane 6-pack are going to care more about a win against a 6-6 Georgia team than a WKU team from CUSA that just happens to be ranked this year. This isn't a good match up for the perception of a casual fan.  We win and perception is we beat a team that ran an inferior conference. We lose and we lost to a CUSA team. Maybe not the reality of the situation but perception is marketing reality.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw
  • Upvote 3