• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF better get Willie to sign an extension.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Were all you calling for a Taggart extension the same ones who applauded Skip Holtz's unrequested extension.  This is the most idiotic discussion after two solid wins that I think I've ever heard on this board.  Are you people that vapid? ARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

CWT has earned an extension.  How much and how long is up for debate, but the extensions help with recruiting.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

Were all you calling for a Taggart extension the same ones who applauded Skip Holtz's unrequested extension.  This is the most idiotic discussion after two solid wins that I think I've ever heard on this board.  Are you people that vapid? ARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Someone is missing the big picture.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Someone is missing the big picture.

That big picture being that after two and a half seasons of horrible results people are screaming to give Willie Taggart a long and expensive extension following two wonderful and impressive wins?  Is that the "big" picture you are talking about?  Common sense I guess is out the window for most of you commenting in this thread.  WOW!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

That big picture being that after two and a half seasons of horrible results people are screaming to give Willie Taggart a long and expensive extension following two wonderful and impressive wins?  Is that the "big" picture you are talking about?  Common sense I guess is out the window for most of you commenting in this thread.  WOW!!!!

It doesn't have to be either, but an extension is warranted.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Extension and raise appear warranted to me. But I'm not sold other schools will be knocking down his door yet. 

He has shown he can turn around a dumpster fire within a few years at two schools. But he's never had sustained winning that bigger programs will want to see. We end up winning the conference this year and next, then he's going to have a lot of schools calling. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Extension and raise appear warranted to me. But I'm not sold other schools will be knocking down his door yet. 

He has shown he can turn around a dumpster fire within a few years at two schools. But he's never had sustained winning that bigger programs will want to see. We end up winning the conference this year and next, then he's going to have a lot of schools calling. 

+1

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

He finally got a team to a good level does he really want to rebuild another program right away.

Usf will need to make a big offer.

I think his stress level just died down. So I am with you I don't think he leaves. He is already one of the higher paid coaches at $2 million. I think at the end of the day the extra money almost becomes obsolete when he desires Florida and being at home.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

[...] He is already one of the higher paid coaches at $2 million. [...]

I thought he was making a million a year?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I thought he was making a million a year?

$1.15 M.  Underpaid for a great coach but I don't think greatness has been exhibited yet.  He still has two years after this year left on his contract.  If he can begin next year like he's ending this year, then I believe a raise and extension negotiation midseason would be warranted.  But not after just two games of unexpected wins over solid programs, that's way too early and our athletic departments history in floating extensions with raises is the proof in the pudding.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

I'm sorry but if you are unable to see the trajectory of the program and the quality of the product on the field I do see how you ever will. 

Two wins?  Are you a goldfish? 

This "ridiculous" thread is peppered with support from some of the biggest CWT detractors on this board. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1