• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF better get Willie to sign an extension.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

USF season turned when CWT changed his offensive coaching philosophy and with the hiring of Hope and Alan. I always felt that if he could turn it around on the field he could build a solid  program because of his recruiting abilities. this appears to have happened

I would absolutely agree that he deserves a raise and an extention. However they need to add more $ for his assistants as they have been huge in USF's turnaround. 

This team is disciplined and well coached and they are improving weekly.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

USF season turned when CWT changed his offensive coaching philosophy and with the hiring of Hope and Alan. I always felt that if he could turn it around on the field he could build a solid  program because of his recruiting abilities. this appears to have happened

I would absolutely agree that he deserves a raise and an extention. However they need to add more $ for his assistants as they have been huge in USF's turnaround. 

This team is disciplined and well coached and they are improving weekly.

Tom Allen is essential.  If we could somehow get 1-2 years out of him that would be great.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

hasn't he gone on record about wingma winning multiple championships?  As long as he keeps wwinning, and USF compensates, he is here to stay

On record? Coaches say all kind of things to reporters.  I think if the P5 comes calling CWT is gone as fast as he was from his Alma Mater WKU.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Has anyone given any thought to the situation in Memphis and how it may or may not relate to USF?  Memphis went on a nice little run so they are offering the keys to the kingdom to Fuente. Now he has lost 3 in a row and they looked like doo-doo today.  I doubt they rescind the offer but is that offer looking as smart now as it did 4 games ago?  Likewise, we're on a nice run but do you open up the purse strings, AT THIS TIME, to keep Willie?  I still think we wait until next year and, if half way through the season we are looking the same as we have the last 2 weeks, then you sit down and talk extension.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Has anyone given any thought to the situation in Memphis and how it may or may not relate to USF?  Memphis went on a nice little run so they are offering the keys to the kingdom to Fuente. Now he has lost 3 in a row and they looked like doo-doo today.  I doubt they rescind the offer but is that offer looking as smart now as it did 4 games ago?  Likewise, we're on a nice run but do you open up the purse strings, AT THIS TIME, to keep Willie?  I still think we wait until next year and, if half way through the season we are looking the same as we have the last 2 weeks, then you sit down and talk extension.  

Stop being so negative. He's earned a 10 year deal, minimum.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

He should be the AD and the coach. Hell make him president of the university too

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Dude, he's fired. The letter's been written ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

Dude, he's fired. The letter's been written ....

That's right.   We were told: "Plain and simple answer, Willie fans will be sad this year."

Lock this thread. 

Edited by mark_my_words
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

That's right.   We were told: "Plain and simple answer, Willie fans will be sad this year."

Lock this thread. 

My Iron Bull buddies told me so 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

No extension this season and yes, I see the upward trajectory. I also know he's not calling the plays now. When he gave up play calling, we got better. If any of the coaches warrant extensions, I would give money to the OC and DC and then some additional change to Willie for recognizing he needed to relinquish some of his duties. I'd be more worried about losing the coordinators than the head coach presently. Willie has proven his worth as a recruiter - now lets see some consistent results on the field before we throw more money at him. He was literally one game away from receiving a pink slip this season - now he's the second coming. I feel good about the rest of the season - but I want to see the success replicated next season. If at that point we get outbid by a P5 school, we'll still be solid with talent for a few years. Thanks HBRYAN for keeping a level mind on the roller coaster running between Fletcher and Fowler. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4