• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF better get Willie to sign an extension.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

hasn't he gone on record about wingma winning multiple championships?  As long as he keeps wwinning, and USF compensates, he is here to stay

"LeBron said the same thing".

-- Miami Heat fans

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I'm sorry but if you are unable to see the trajectory of the program and the quality of the product on the field I do see how you ever will. 

Two wins?  Are you a goldfish? 

This "ridiculous" thread is peppered with support from some of the biggest CWT detractors on this board. 

You wanna make it personal with me?  My responses are replete with common sense.  The responses are from someone who contributes large dollars to this athletic department, i.e. I have much skin in the game and I'm not just some chump punching keys.

• Downvote 1

If Miami comes calling Willie will listen.

No way.  Miami will want someone more seasoned.  But, he DOES recruit well, and Miami has the funds.  But I think they will seek a coach with a better body of work.

But...I should never say "no way", I suppose.  I know many Canes fans are too arrogant to take a USF coach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

If he can run the table and make a playoff at USF why go somewhere else? It really just takes recruiting, and maybe he can make it work here if he likes living in this area.

Edited by Gismo

he is gone fellas

you cant blame him

Go home, you're drunk.

kidding

The friction with him & Harlan isn't known by most of us, but Taggart could do something special here, as is a home town guy.  We still have 4 losses, and could lose 6.  So it's not like he's in super demand by a bigger/better program.

But, I would have never thought this at 1-3, but I don't hate an extension.  Still hurting from the Holtz extension, but that was dumb...going from 8-5 to 5-7 doesn't give rise to an extension.

Any extension should come with a painful cost to defect.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

hbryan, So, an 8-4 record with losses to 8-2 FSU, 8-1 Navy, 8-2 Memphis (the last two, we were in it) and wins over 8-2 Temple, 6-5 Cincinnati doesn't warrant an extension?  I know the Maryland game was awful, but USF was still finding its way.  Would an 8-4 record merit it?  An AAC East Division winner?  AAC Championship?  Is there anything he could do this season?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Go home, you're drunk.

kidding

The friction with him & Harlan isn't known by most of us, but Taggart could do something special here, as is a home town guy.  We still have 4 losses, and could lose 6.  So it's not like he's in super demand by a bigger/better program.

But, I would have never thought this at 1-3, but I don't hate an extension.  Still hurting from the Holtz extension, but that was dumb...going from 8-5 to 5-7 doesn't give rise to an extension.

Any extension should come with a painful cost to defect.

we wonwon't know the politics that may push him to leave or stay, but if he and Harlan are both mature they can figure out a win win. When the team is winning, everybody is winning.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

You wanna make it personal with me?  My responses are replete with common sense.  The responses are from someone who contributes large dollars to this athletic department, i.e. I have much skin in the game and I'm not just some chump punching keys.

Don't be so sensitive big shot.   I was not making it personal.   

I could care less how much skin you have in the game.  You didn't state any common sense.   We have played more than two good games.   The goldfish reference was speaking to you forgetting the other games we've won convincingly.  Or the best record against our conference ever.   The road wins against conference foes is also a record.   How we are in position to play in the CCG with some help.   On and on.   In other words the big picture. 

Since you are a hate CWT dead ender I won't waste my time with our accomplishments this year or the trajectory of the program or the dumpster fire he took over or the fact that are star players are all sophomores and we are likely to be even better next year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Woooo..horsey......nothing happens till the end of the season and then contracts will be reviewed. I don't know where you guys get the idea that CWT wants to spend his career at USF. All coaches say they want to win championships.  Let's not forget how good a job Allen has done on the defense. I hope he continues winning and does win a conference title here. Just enjoy the ride....it has been along cold spell here.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

They just said in the Temple game that they are throwing money at the Memphis coach.  Time for the AAC to put up?

I was just thinking... They are talking about Les Miles having a 15 million dollar buyout.  Are any of our teams going to be able to hold on to their coaches if LSU can just drop 15 mil to fire a guy who won?  We might need to keep the winning ship afloat for when realignment money comes calling.

Edited by Rocky Style