• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF better get Willie to sign an extension.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

he is gone fellas

you cant blame him

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I think he is gone at the first power five opportunity.  The AAC (all of the group of 5) is a ticking time bomb.  None of the programs will be able to sustain the level on winning it takes to keep the national spot light.  He left WKU, he will leave USF.  Boise and TCU used to be in the same conference.  I don't hear squat about Boise anymore.  TCU, all over the place.  Northern Illinois, UCF, Houston, Toledo, Cincy, Memphis - all flavors of the year that can't sustain success because of the P5 disparities.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

An extension would be nice for him personally, but you're kidding yourself if you think it's going to keep him from a better job.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Willie Taggart:  2nd best coach ever at USF.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

So...like 3 weeks ago I said giving him an extension after this year would be ridiculous.

Yeah, I've changed my tune. IF we go 8-4 (which, if we don't would be a HUGE disappointment) we should absolutely offer an extension/raise.

Tom Allen needs a raise as well. This defense is playing with an energy we haven't seen in a long time.

Taggart is winning with his players, they are all very young, and there is no reason to believe the recruiting won't continue at this level. Barring crazy injuries, this team will be stacked for the next few years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I keep hearing that CWT would be gone with a P5 offer.  Does anyone on here actually know that to be a fact?  He may very well go as mentioned, but I don't think that's a forgone conclusion.  He has lots of reasons for staying here.  There are coaches that stay at schools that are not BCS/P5 for a long time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Days Won:  6

We need to pay the man.  I do not think anyone will come calling this year but you better believe he will be getting offers like crazy next year.  

He is a local guy and could build something here.  He could really make USF a national contender but given the state of college football, it will probably not happen.

I think he has it written in his office somewhere "It is easier to climb than to hang on."  

This is where I wish we were in a bigger conference.  We could make him rich.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

He finally got a team to a good level does he really want to rebuild another program right away.

Usf will need to make a big offer. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Were all you calling for a Taggart extension the same ones who applauded Skip Holtz's unrequested extension.  This is the most idiotic discussion after two solid wins that I think I've ever heard on this board.  Are you people that vapid? ARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Days Won:  6

I keep hearing that CWT would be gone with a P5 offer.  Does anyone on here actually know that to be a fact?  He may very well go as mentioned, but I don't think that's a forgone conclusion.  He has lots of reasons for staying here.  There are coaches that stay at schools that are not BCS/P5 for a long time.

We just will never know until he turns someone down for job like CJL did.  I certainly hope you are right and I agree he has lots of reasons for staying.