• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Faith in Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Taggart will get things turned around. Even though we lost to Memphis, the team did bounce back from the Maryland game and showed a lot of improvement. Tom Allen's defense showed a lot of improvement Friday. Remember Memphis was averaging over 50 points a game. These close games will turn into victories with continued hard work by staff and players.

Hard for me to agree with you when you state: "Taggart will get things turned around."  Taggart is about 80-90% of the problem with this team, and that's been the case since his first year here. I do agree that the Bulls' Defense came up pretty big, and made some adjustments that limited a previously high-flying Memphis Offense.  However, the problem has been and is with Taggart, and many people were slow - make that, very slow - to understand and accept that Taggart's coaching acumen is really lacking.  

For those who are still on the bus, just read this article by Joey Knight to understand the areas of the game where Taggart simply fell short of making the calls and adjustments that a good coach would both recognize and would make instinctively.  http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/willie-taggarts-usf-bulls-need-to-turn-tide/2248249

Each week the evidence against Taggart mounts, but still there are those who continue to believe in a seriously flawed coach.  I'm puzzled about that, but I accept that human nature plays a huge role in folks maintaining differences regardless of the evidence that points in just one direction.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Well, fans will be fans...some people just want to believe that their entire Fall won't be depressing as hell for a fourth straight year.  And if Taggart is the reason for us sucking, then believing he can turn it around on a dime is the best way to be optimistic.  I can get that.  It's not realistic, but fans sometimes aren't.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

FSU and Maryland I put about 50-50 CWT and QB play.  Mempis I put at 70% CWT and 20% QB play and 10% kick coverage.

FSU and Maryland I put about 50-50 CWT and QB play.  Mempis I put at 70% CWT and 20% QB play and 10% kick coverage.

Other than one long pass to Adams that was overthrown... Flowers did great when called upon.  How can you put any of the loss on him?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I agree except I would say Maryland game was more on the players...had many big drops.

Memphis was 90% on cwt 

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

It's crazy to keep the faith with Taggart at the helm

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

It's crazy to keep the faith with Taggart at the helm

Best post on this thread

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

OP must be Taggart, because he has shown absolutely no reason for anyone to keep faith in his terrible coaching. Here is a list of Taggarts win's and the opponents final record. In 3 years, he has beaten 1 FBS team with a winning record, while 2 of 7 wins are from FCS teams. Of his 7 wins, the total opponents combined records were 24-54. This guy is a ******* joke and anyone defending him or wanting to keep him is a moron. At least Skip could kind of coach, he just didn't have balls. Taggart couldn't coach himself out of a wet bag.

2013 - Cincinnati (9-4), UCONN (3-9)

2014 - Western Carolina (7-5), UConn (2-10), Tulsa (2-10), SMU (1-11)

2015 - FAMU (0-5)

Edited by deters-
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Join me and complete your training: switch your faith to the dark side!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Other than one long pass to Adams that was overthrown... Flowers did great when called upon.  How can you put any of the loss on him?

the reason he isn't called upon to throw the ball more is because he's not good at it.