• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Faith in Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

It would be great if one of the reporters at the press Confrence asked him a tough question about his play calling,or if his assistants give him input and would he consider giving up or sharing play calling. How about did any on his staff recognize and tell him that they needed make adjustments against Memphis and if they did why didn't he listen? 

Its time to ask him tough questions and hold him accountable.

I believe in having a great attitude and being motivated but if you motivate an idiot all you have is a motivated Idiot. You need to add coaching, technique and execution. Then motivation and attitude will make a huge difference 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

It would be great if one of the reporters at the press Confrence asked him a tough question about his play calling,or if his assistants give him input and would he consider giving up or sharing play calling. How about did any on his staff recognize and tell him that they needed make adjustments against Memphis and if they did why didn't he listen? 

Its time to ask him tough questions and hold him accountable.

I believe in having a great attitude and being motivated but if you motivate an idiot all you have is a motivated Idiot. You need to add coaching, technique and execution. Then motivation and attitude will make a huge difference 

As a head coach, he is always accountable. It's his ass on the line and if he doesn't win, he's gone. Just because the fan lynch mob out here wants their public pound of flesh and aren't getting it doesn't mean he's not being held accountable by those that should be doing the holding.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

I agree that is being held accountable behind the scenes. However it's not unreasonable as fan to expect an answer those questions and I don't think he has earned the right not to held accountable to the fans for his decisions. I am simply suggesting that he should be asked tougher questions"

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I agree that is being held accountable behind the scenes. However it's not unreasonable as fan to expect an answer those questions and I don't think he has earned the right not to held accountable to the fans for his decisions. I am simply suggesting that he should be asked tougher questions"

Understand .... and maybe someone will ask about him to clarify his post game comments about taking blame. One thing we've seen is that some of the local beat writers arent shy about stirring up crap.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I am sure Harbaugh would take him on as a position coach at Michigan.

I am so sick of hearing about his Harbaugh connection. It's hasn't helped us in any way and being close friends with good coaches doesn't make Taggart a good coach. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

I am so sick of hearing about his Harbaugh connection. It's hasn't helped us in any way and being close friends with good coaches doesn't make Taggart a good coach. 

Or family heritage as we've found out.

Because he took 2-14 WKU to 7-5 back to back... with WKU-level talent.  He has better players here... better facilities here... better assistants here... so if he could do it at WKU, why can't he do it here?

This sum's it up....

2) The plan that he used at Western Kentucky just can't work at USF.

This is a good middle ground between "Taggart just needs more time" and "Taggart can't coach." As we mentioned above, Taggart succeeded at WKU because he was able to bring in local linemen to work with skill players from Florida that were probably a little better than Sun Belt-caliber. The Sun Belt-caliber linemen could adequately block Sun Belt-caliber defensive players, and the skill players could get to work.

This doesn't work at USF, because they need bigger and better offensive linemen to run Taggart's power scheme against Power Five-level defenses like Temple (16th in defensive S&P+) and UCF (34th), and those linemen just aren't widely available in Florida. Taggart's managed to bring in a handful of speedy skill players to USF-- Marlon Mack was a star as a true freshman and leads an exciting stable of backs, and Rodney Adams and Ryeshene Bronson are potentially dynamic receivers-- but the offense hasn't been able to get going at all, because the line has been wholly ineffective.

This isn't to say that Taggart is doomed to fail. He is, after all, switching to a much more personnel-friendly spread offense for this upcoming season, although that might be far too little, too late. But even for all the success he had at WKU, he was never quite able to deliver on the potential of his recruiting classes, and barring a remarkable turnaround under the new scheme, he's headed the same way at USF." *

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015/4/27/8500285/the-curious-case-of-willie-taggart

<deleted>  Dang new forum defaults in prev quotes.

Edited by Bulls2k