• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Faith in Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Other than one long pass to Adams that was overthrown... Flowers did great when called upon.  How can you put any of the loss on him?

Because, I saw times when he didn't pass when open receivers are out there.  Also, I believe that CWT's reluctance to let him pass is because of past performance.  One more thing, I felt that he is too quick to hand it off to the RB on read options.  Was he terrible?  No, but he could have been better.  Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

I must admit, I was a huge fan of this hire and had full faith in Tags getting this ship righted. However, I can no longer sit and watch this horrible offense as I find my self shouting my displeasure to anyone who can hear me At the stadium. 

The offensive play calling needs to be turned over and faith be out in his assistants. Florida showed last night that you can accomplish just about anything but you have to trust everyone on that team. Their OC called a perfect game and it was executed just like it was drawn up. 

i don't feel that Tags needs to be canned but he def needs to realize he can't efficiently call plays to produce points and with the talent we have, we should've put up 40 on Friday night against that terrible defense.

Defense played lights out and those who made bad plays like Danchez did on that TD, they owned up for their mistakes and seemed to come together and put the next play in front of them. 

Let's get this figured out and out some wins together and show people USF can compete.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Taggart has to know that if he can't make it happen here then he'll never sniff another FBS head coaching job again, and he'll likely wind up being a career assistant.

At what position? Recruiting coordinator?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Just curious.  What in Taggart's coaching history would give anyone a reason to have faith that he can get the job done to turn this around?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

I'd say that and RB coach

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Taggart will get things turned around. Even though we lost to Memphis, the team did bounce back from the Maryland game and showed a lot of improvement. Tom Allen's defense showed a lot of improvement Friday. Remember Memphis was averaging over 50 points a game. These close games will turn into victories with continued hard work by staff and players.

Notice what you said showed a lot of improvement. The defense. The defense played fantastic. The problem has been and looks like it will continue to be the offense which Taggart runs. As long as he is running our offense I have no confidence we will score enough points to get things turned around. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361

Hasn't CWT been a head coach for at least six years. How in gods name does he say that he didn't call enough pass play or adjust his game plan. A pop warner coach could figure out when Memphis adjusted and put 8 to 9 people In box that play action would work. To me that's absolutely unforgivable and my question is what about his assistant coaches  what in the hel# were they telling him. 

This is the exact same offense he ran last year just from a spread look  his play calling is exactly the same it's very discouraging to watch this team knowing that they are so poor on offense. Not so  much for lack of skill players but lack of  imagination  and play calling.

I know I'm venting but hey this is a team that needs a win! what was he thinking about, not going for it  on fourth down at mid field he needs to do something build confidence in this team. What a contrast between him and Fuentes . Memphis took chances (on side kick) and made adjustments CWT cautious and no adjustments. 

USF IS SUPPOSED TO BE A DIVISION 1 PROGRAM. CAN THEY AFFORD TO KEEP A COACH THAT IS LEARNING ON THE JOB?

It's becoming increasingly more difficult to try and find reasons to support him! 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Hasn't CWT been a head coach for at least six years. How in gods name does he say that he didn't call enough pass play or adjust his game plan. A pop warner coach could figure out when Memphis adjusted and put 8 to 9 people In box that play action would work. To me that's absolutely unforgivable and my question is what about his assistant coaches  what in the hel# were they telling him. 

This is the exact same offense he ran last year just from a spread look  his play calling is exactly the same it's very discouraging to watch this team knowing that they are so poor on offense. Not so  much for lack of skill players but lack of  imagination  and play calling.

I know I'm venting but hey this is a team that needs a win! what was he thinking about, not going for it  on fourth down at mid field he needs to do something build confidence in this team. What a contrast between him and Fuentes . Memphis took chances (on side kick) and made adjustments CWT cautious and no adjustments. 

USF IS SUPPOSED TO BE A DIVISION 1 PROGRAM. CAN THEY AFFORD TO KEEP A COACH THAT IS LEARNING ON THE JOB?

It's becoming increasingly more difficult to try and find reasons to support him! 

As for the assistant coaches. I've never seen evidence that Taggart is willing to listen to anyone. I begin to really think Weiner saw the stubbornness immediately and bailed back to Plant. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246

I must admit, I was a huge fan of this hire and had full faith in Tags getting this ship righted. However, I can no longer sit and watch this horrible offense as I find my self shouting my displeasure to anyone who can hear me At the stadium. 

The offensive play calling needs to be turned over and faith be out in his assistants. Florida showed last night that you can accomplish just about anything but you have to trust everyone on that team. Their OC called a perfect game and it was executed just like it was drawn up. 

i don't feel that Tags needs to be canned but he def needs to realize he can't efficiently call plays to produce points and with the talent we have, we should've put up 40 on Friday night against that terrible defense.

Defense played lights out and those who made bad plays like Danchez did on that TD, they owned up for their mistakes and seemed to come together and put the next play in front of them. 

Let's get this figured out and out some wins together and show people USF can compete.

The most encouraging real quote there is out there. USF can easily be corrected and turned around. This isn't a rebuilding project. I can easily see someone next year coaching up Asiantii Woulard, Marlon Mack, Dillon, Adams, Johnson, Barr, McCants, (Sorry Bronson, I don't like you) and the always awesome defense into a 9 win team. Lets just get an offensive coordinator who can run the offense without Taggart touching it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Team bus driver of course....

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-14%20at%2010.25.

Edited by Bulls2k