• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We played well

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Not going for it 4th and 1 late in the game was totally gutless.

I thought we did and didn't get the extra yard, or was there another drive where we didn't go for it?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Defense played well considering how long on field, also Memphis looked like they were looking ahead at ole miss game.

We had 2 weeks and mustered 17 points on a bad defense.

We will not win more than 3 games based on what I've seen.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I thought we did and didn't get the extra yard, or was there another drive where we didn't go for it?

we had 4th and 1 at our 46 late, and punted.  I think the idea was to flip field position in our favor.  

We probably should have gone for it in hindsight knowing our offensive capabilities but  I understand the call, considering the coach.  I've been saying for a while that CWT coaches  scared.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

if we had an average qb we win

i am impressed at how good we looked

we have a terrible hc,oc and qb

Really we have a terrible QB and OC? Considering our HC calls the plays and our QB barely got a chance to show anything how would you know that?

Your posts are getting old. 

Flowers looked great when given the chance to throw. The offensive line never has to pass block and it shows. After the first few attempts they got it together and gave him time. Flowers can be a solid QB for us if he is given the chance to throw the ball. The kid looks 10X better then in the FAMU game. I can think of maybe one bad throw in all his attempts last night. You can't ask for much for then that, the bad throw was a slight overthrow deep right sideline. 

What else do you people want from these kids? They play their ass off and give everything they got. This one falls squarely on Taggart. If we throw the ball from the start we win easy, Memphis defense is god awful, however any defense can stop you when the same two running plays are run over and over for 3.5 quarters. 

anyone that says qf looked great has no credibility.

you entire post is excuses for failure

does our oc coach? surely the oc is responsible for the offense?  we have 4th worst 3 down completion % in football

you are making this personal

qf missed  an open wr  for a sure score.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,577
  • Days Won:  423

we had 4th and 1 at our 46 late, and punted.  I think the idea was to flip field position in our favor.  

We probably should have gone for it in hindsight knowing our offensive capabilities but  I understand the call, considering the coach.  I've been saying for a while that CWT coaches  scared.

Pretty sure that was early to mid 3rd quarter, tied 10-10 and it was definitely the right call. Punt downed at the 8 but then the D let them go 92 yards for the go ahead td. D played awesome most of the night but that was a definite low point.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

We lost the Game bottom line.  So no we didn't play well. (well enough to win) . Winning is everything, those who say different (ok with moral victories and losing) are not looking at the big picture.    This is not PEE WEE football. everyone gets a participation trophy/ award. This is Big time College Football (grown men play the game,  get paid stipends get a  free education, room and board, clothes, food ect....)     This is their Job!       Name one other Job you can underperform over and over (lose) and still keep a job ad get paid (other than politics).

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Pretty sure that was early to mid 3rd quarter, tied 10-10 and it was definitely the right call. Punt downed at the 8 but then the D let them go 92 yards for the go ahead td. D played awesome most of the night but that was a definite low point.

if that was the score, I can agree with that.  Everything is all running together.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The defense played well, and the play calling remains the same. We were atrocious converted on 3rd down, yet again.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Here's why I'm totally ready for a new coach:

We've never seen our O-line open holes like they did in the first quarter. This is means that offensively we can handle their line.

Okay, so we get some yards on the ground. No problem there.

In the second half, they had 9 in box at times but we still tried the same running plays.

Memphis is known for their soft pass coverage. But we didn't try passing until when it was too late.

It's either QF can't pass or our coach is a total dud. After seeing South Carolina last week (who's team look like ours right now), I think QF can't throw slants and all the other pass plays. And I think our coach is also a dud.

Tell me how this offense is different than when Mike White was back there? Okay, we don't jump around anymore. But they plays are the same.

If QF can't throw, put in Bench. And if not him, put in that freshman QB.

QF will get us 3 more wins at most, if he's lucky.