• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build the offense around Bench!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

First off, Bench was sent in cold. The announcers were all over that decision. So what was seen was by no means the current state of his development. It showed a more negative light on the coaches than Bench.

Edited by slick1ru2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I disagree on that too, Bull Hornz.

One thing CWT HAS done well is recruit. If he was to get canned after the season, the next coach should be pretty well set up with playmakers. We would need a proven X's and O's coach and someone familiar with spread offenses, but they could probably come in and win quickly in the AAC.

We need to get QF all the experience he can get now and take the reins off of him. Otherwise he does us no good after 2015. If I'm CWT, I'm done investing in Bench. If we still fail with him running the offense, it will look worse because Bench is a senior anyway, who should have been better under CWT's development. With QF, he's a first-year starter and a sophomore and growing pains are to be expected.

All more reasons to keep QF on the field as much as possible.

the "reins" are on QF because he can't throw the ball. It's not like CWT is hiding some massive secret weapon waiting for just the right time to expose the opposition to it.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

That one drive SB had was typical of his entire USF career. That much was clear.

One thing CWT HAS done well is recruit. If he was to get canned after the season, the next coach should be pretty well set up with playmakers. We would need a proven X's and O's coach and someone familiar with spread offenses, but they could probably come in and win quickly in the AAC.

We need to get QF all the experience he can get now and take the reins off of him. Otherwise he does us no good after 2015. If I'm CWT, I'm done investing in Bench. If we still fail with him running the offense, it will look worse because Bench is a senior anyway, who should have been better under CWT's development. With QF, he's a first-year starter and a sophomore and growing pains are to be expected.

the "reins" are on QF because he can't throw the ball. It's not like CWT is hiding some massive secret weapon waiting for just the right time to expose the opposition to it.

No ... The reins are on QF because CWT is too conservative and coaches scared.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

No ... The reins are on QF because CWT is too conservative and coaches scared.

Sure looked like a rocket 68 yard TD to Adams to me.  Guess I imagined that.

You didn't imagine it. It's exception vs. rule and you found an exception. But it's those kind of plays that give me confidence that QF could do much more than most on here, and maybe even CWT, think.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

You didn't imagine it. It's exception vs. rule and you found an exception. But it's those kind of plays that give me confidence that QF could do much more than most on here, and maybe even CWT, think.

Id love it if you were right. Hard part to believe is that during the last 2 years QF has been on the team and the hundreds of practices he has participated in, that nobody on the coaching staff will turn him loose.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Agree that I think the talent is getting better and it's possible another coaching staff could come in here and do great things. I have been fooled enough by head coaching hires...I wasn't mad at either the Holtz or Taggart hire so there is something I don't presume to understand...

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

We should totally build the offense around a guy that, as a senior, had a fumble and two interceptions ALL IN ONE DRIVE. 

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

NO! Bench is gone in 9 games. Run the spread in preparation for AW