• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build the offense around Bench!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Bench is not a QB who will win games.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Bench is not a QB who will win games.

Flowers will???? Yeah right

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I really don't know how Bench supporters can look at his prior performances and not at least concede that he gives us the exact same chance of winning a game as Flowers. If that is accurate, and I believe it is, don't you go with the one that has 2 years of eligibility remaining after this season?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I really don't know how Bench supporters can look at his prior performances and not at least concede that he gives us the exact same chance of winning a game as Flowers. If that is accurate, and I believe it is, don't you go with the one that has 2 years of eligibility remaining after this season?

You go with the QB that gets us to a bowl. MD showed us what's going to happen on offense with the rest of the season if we stay with Flowers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

BullyPulpit gets it.

There are many, MANY short-sighted folks in this fanbase.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

If QF could put together 8 minute TD drives like he did ONE time in the MD game AND our defense could stop the other teams from scoring, I'd say keep QF in all the time because he can run well and doesn't turn the ball over much.

The problem is, we don't get the lead and hold it. We are forced to try and come from behind if we want to win. That means at that time we need fast paced offense so we get multiple drives to get back in the game. QF cannot throw the ball down the field and score quickly.

I'd rather have SB throw an INT in the endzone in an attempt to win the game, than keep QF in the game and lose by 20+

You go with the QB that gets us to a bowl. MD showed us what's going to happen on offense with the rest of the season if we stay with Flowers.

I'm at a loss to think about what POSSIBLY could make you think Bench could get this team to a bowl.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

If QF could put together 8 minute TD drives like he did ONE time in the MD game AND our defense could stop the other teams from scoring, I'd say keep QF in all the time because he can run well and doesn't turn the ball over much.

The problem is, we don't get the lead and hold it. We are forced to try and come from behind if we want to win. That means at that time we need fast paced offense so we get multiple drives to get back in the game. QF cannot throw the ball down the field and score quickly.

I'd rather have SB throw an INT in the endzone in an attempt to win the game, than keep QF in the game and lose by 20+

This guy gets it...he has the foresight to see if we don't do everything we can to win now it's possibly gonna be another long three years as we "rebuild"...again

(Sry couldn't help myself GA it was done with some fun lighthearted jabbing :) )

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Bench needs to be on the Bench.  End of story.

I disagree on that too, Bull Hornz.

One thing CWT HAS done well is recruit. If he was to get canned after the season, the next coach should be pretty well set up with playmakers. We would need a proven X's and O's coach and someone familiar with spread offenses, but they could probably come in and win quickly in the AAC.

We need to get QF all the experience he can get now and take the reins off of him. Otherwise he does us no good after 2015. If I'm CWT, I'm done investing in Bench. If we still fail with him running the offense, it will look worse because Bench is a senior anyway, who should have been better under CWT's development. With QF, he's a first-year starter and a sophomore and growing pains are to be expected.

All more reasons to keep QF on the field as much as possible.