• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harlan being "besieged" with complaints

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

It's only a matter of time, everyone sees the writing on the wall. Either you fire him now or at the end of the season when we are 3-9 if not 1-11

You don't fire him now. Harlan should can him at the end of the year if indeed the team tanks. We need to have an orderly transition and not layer chaos on top of chaos but making an emotional decision now.
Bu if you can hire a butch Davis type coach now before other teams get in the mix why wait?
Is Davis contracted with anyone now?

Davis is not contracted by anyone at the moment so he could theoretically start tomorrow if he wanted to. Plus he has said multiple times he would live to coach at Usf so it could be a possibility

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,091
  • Days Won:  39

Schiano is still in town right?? :stirpot:

This would create a vortex that would swallow the USF Campus.  Unless he won.  LOL

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

It's only a matter of time, everyone sees the writing on the wall. Either you fire him now or at the end of the season when we are 3-9 if not 1-11

You don't fire him now. Harlan should can him at the end of the year if indeed the team tanks. We need to have an orderly transition and not layer chaos on top of chaos but making an emotional decision now.
Bu if you can hire a butch Davis type coach now before other teams get in the mix why wait?
Right, I hear Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy and Bill Cowher are available...
Davis is actually wanting to get back into coaching and is a somewhat realistic possibility. Dungy and Gruden make too Much money on tv as analysts and Cowher doesn't want to coach so your example makes no sense.

Dude....sarcasm.

We need a sarcasm font.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Unless USF is going to spend all of its Big East buy out money on a new coach, the best they can hope for in a P5 retread or a P5 OC. I think we should try a different route other than hiring G5 coaches who have various levels of success.

I would hope for a P5 OC who can run an offense.

We had a shot at Chad Morris, who went to SMU.  SMU will donkey punch us this year.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,091
  • Days Won:  39

Davis is not contracted by anyone at the moment so he could theoretically start tomorrow if he wanted to. Plus he has said multiple times he would live to coach at Usf so it could be a possibility

I wanted to hire him the last two times, but wouldn't that be weird-tastic and create mad turmoil?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I wanted to hire him the last two times, but wouldn't that be weird-tastic and create mad turmoil?

It would definitely create some excitement around USF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Ridiculous. I wish I wasn't addicted to this board. Calm down.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

This board will almost be unvisitable for the next couple of weeks until the next game. Yet I will come and read.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not endorsing firing him during the season, but if  you were going to, going into a bye would be the best time to do it.  It gives the interim/new HC two weeks instead of just one.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Maybe time to make up?