• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harlan being "besieged" with complaints

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

Meet your new HC, Greg Schiano

No joking guys

That would be so strange. Why can't he go back to Rutgers?

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

No way Harlan cuts him loose now. Harlan needs think long term and canning a guy 3 weeks into the season will make future talent wary of coming. He needs to hope CWT will make the decision easy for him by turning it around this year or bombing. Unfortuantly it looks likely to be the later. Once CWT notches his 7th loss this year then I think its safe for him to blow him out.

No, its clear he's clueless … future talent will know all they are expected to win.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Meet your new HC, Greg Schiano

No joking guys

It's amazing how years of losing can change your opinion of a guy. I'm not too Opposed to Schiano.. He gave us hell every year back in our prime.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Wait until next year.

Wait until Maryland then we'll know what we are.

Wait until conference play.

I've waited. Taggart has shown he won't change his philosophy. Can the athletes on the team squeeze some AAC wins out despite his coaching, probably, but that isn't a ringing endorsement.

Let's be fair.  Taggart DID change his philosophy.  It was a philosophy of line up a bunch of tight ends and fullbacks, take every possible second between  plays to mull things over and change things at the line, then run the ball until desperation time and then start passing

Now we do all of this with WRs instead of TEs doing the blocking, and without a huddle but taking just as long to get a play call in.

Very different philosophy.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Schiano is still in town right?? :stirpot:

I can't stand the guy.  But if we are going to try and ground and pound on offense while playing solid defense, at least he could win some games doing it.  He's better bossing around college players that don't make more money than he does, against college coaches that are less creative in defeating him.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I can't stand the guy.  But if we are going to try and ground and pound on offense while playing solid defense, at least he could win some games doing it.  He's better bossing around college players that don't make more money than he does, against college coaches that are less creative in defeating him.

I absolutely abhor the man but his bullying nature would probably instill some discipline. Still though I wouldn't be able to stomach cheering for a team he coached.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

I absolutely abhor the man but his bullying nature would probably instill some discipline. Still though I wouldn't be able to stomach cheering for a team he coached.

QFT

Why after this loss though? We've had worse and we were underdogs (again) to begin with. Is it that folks finally think there is no way he's going to turn it around? I really thought we'd get into confrence play before his seat got white hot.

Then again, after all these years of crap football, I've gotten to the point where I just can't care that much anymore about a loss, just not worth my energy. Sign itself that there is a problem. I miss the days when we were picked to lose and expecting to win, instead of expecting to lose and hoping against hope we'd win. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Taggart needs to stop calling plays. We have talent. Sure it could use some work, but they are not being put in good positions

• Upvote 2