• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harlan being "besieged" with complaints

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

Wait until next year.

Wait until Maryland then we'll know what we are.

Wait until conference play.

I've waited. Taggart has shown he won't change his philosophy. Can the athletes on the team squeeze some AAC wins out despite his coaching, probably, but that isn't a ringing endorsement.

Honestly am I'm starting to worry if we'll be able to even to do that. The AAC is looking stonger than it has been the last few years, especially the ones on our schedule

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

We're in year 3.    Following year 2 it was so bad the staff got gutted...  EXCEPT for Taggart.   That speaks volumes.   Taggart only survived because we were paying Holtz. 

Now we're 3 games into year 3...  and we look just as poorly prepared and poorly coached as we always have...

I can't explain any of this, but I don't see any benefit to continuing to hemorrhage for the entire season.   Maryland is a bad team.  You all watched the game today...  do you REALLY expect any improvement against our AAC schedule?

We have the data we need.    I'm sick of announcers treating our program like a joke.   "Playing a running back at qb", etc etc. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

Wait until next year.

I've waited. Taggart has shown he won't change his philosophy. Can the athletes on the team squeeze some AAC wins out despite his coaching, probably, but that isn't a ringing endorsement.

Honestly am I'm starting to worry if we'll be able to even to do that. The AAC is looking stonger than it has been the last few years, especially the ones on our schedule

YES

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

What kind of complaints? Normal internet and talk radio complaints? Blah, blah, blah.

Personally, I think the smart move for everyone involved is to make the move now.

Taggart will still be paid for this year plus next 2. Gives him time, with no pressure to find his next gig.

Gives the recruits time to evaluate the next coaching staff.

Gives the fans some glimmer of hope to grasp onto.

Gives the current players some continuity to look forward to for balance of the year then they can make decision to stay or leave based on experience with a coach not on fear of an unknown. Plus with a good coach they may have a chance at a bowl.

Gives next coach chance to build his recruiting class early, to his scheme, rather than having to salvage or scramble piece a class together at last minute.

Only downside would be the message to next coach we don't tolerate horrible play. That is not a deterrent with a 5 year multi-million dollar contract. Especially when he sees the young talent and the fact that Harlan was stuck with Taggart when he got here.

No way Taggart is turning this around. He has shown nothing that indicates he has the team's play on the right track for a turnaround.

Edited by usfgrad84
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

This is just stupid.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Wait until next year.

True. I'm surprised at the conference improvement. Even SMU isn't a gimme. And the book on how to beat USF looks like a New York Times bestseller that can be read and understood by a child!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

This is just stupid.

Sadly I agree, but I would also understand why Harlan's phone is blowing up.  I don't think there is an option but to ride it out with Willie, but I will do that by not watching as many games or traveling down to Tampa.  Maybe upgrade the seats next year when they make the coaching move.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

It's only a matter of time, everyone sees the writing on the wall. Either you fire him now or at the end of the season when we are 3-9 if not 1-11

You don't fire him now. Harlan should can him at the end of the year if indeed the team tanks. We need to have an orderly transition and not layer chaos on top of chaos but making an emotional decision now.
Bu if you can hire a butch Davis type coach now before other teams get in the mix why wait?
Right, I hear Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy and Bill Cowher are available...
Davis is actually wanting to get back into coaching and is a somewhat realistic possibility. Dungy and Gruden make too Much money on tv as analysts and Cowher doesn't want to coach so your example makes no sense.

Dude....sarcasm.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

This is just stupid.

Why is it stupid? Should people just accept horrible coaching and piss poor play? CWT is in his 3rd year and it looks just as bad as year 1