• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Moral Victory?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,656
  • Days Won:  424

Moral Victories are for UCF.

I prefer no victories, of any type.

Unless it was a Kanigit that down voted your post, I think someone didn't understand what you were saying ... B)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

AW will dominate

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I liked what I saw from the team on Saturday. It was the first time in a long time they came out and fought tooth and nail the whole game. I hate the phrase moral victory but I saw some glimmers of hope for this season and beyond, which is all we could really hope to gain from that game.

2014 - Wisconsin

2013 - Michigan State

It's happened twice now, what matters is what happens in the next 4 weeks

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Moral victories went out the door after we went to our first bowl game. Maybe even before that.

If you are trying to say there is something to build on, that makes more sense

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I liked what I saw from the team on Saturday. It was the first time in a long time they came out and fought tooth and nail the whole game. I hate the phrase moral victory but I saw some glimmers of hope for this season and beyond, which is all we could really hope to gain from that game.

2014 - Wisconsin

2013 - Michigan State

Agree 100%.

When playing well against better teams for a quarter or two, do we know if these teams even spend much time preparing for us? My guess is they probably prepare for us like we prepared for FAMU. Perhaps slightly more intensely. We play them close for a half they make adjustments then blow us out in 2nd half. They do just enough to win.

I believe the real test comes in conference play when both teams are playing intensely. If we solid, intense, competitive football for 4 quarters then I will be convinced. Not convinced or impressed yet.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2014 - Wisconsin

2013 - Michigan State

I disagree.  We struggled leading up to both of those games.  In 2014, we barely beat Western Carolina and UConn, lost to Maryland, and got our asses handed to us by NC State.  In 2013, we got blown out by McNeese State. 

This year we beat a team we should beat, in a manner in which we should beat them, and then played FSU tough for a while.

You are right though, what happens in the next 4 weeks will give us a better idea of where we are at.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

2014 - Wisconsin

2013 - Michigan State

I disagree.  We struggled leading up to both of those games.  In 2014, we barely beat Western Carolina and UConn, lost to Maryland, and got our asses handed to us by NC State.  In 2013, we got blown out by McNeese State. 

This year we beat a team we should beat, in a manner in which we should beat them, and then played FSU tough for a while.

You are right though, what happens in the next 4 weeks will give us a better idea of where we are at.

I also think of those two comparisons (Wisc & MSU), but Apis makes a valid point.

In summary, we have no clue how this season will go based on what we've seen.  Next Saturday will tell quite a bit.

The other thing to remember is that there is one thing that has been consistent with this team since 1997:  Inconsistency.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I have no morals

You're a moral failure.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2014 - Wisconsin

2013 - Michigan State

Agree 100%.

When playing well against better teams for a quarter or two, do we know if these teams even spend much time preparing for us? My guess is they probably prepare for us like we prepared for FAMU. Perhaps slightly more intensely. We play them close for a half they make adjustments then blow us out in 2nd half. They do just enough to win.

I believe the real test comes in conference play when both teams are playing intensely. If we solid, intense, competitive football for 4 quarters then I will be convinced. Not convinced or impressed yet.

Nailed it!