• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Moral Victory?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

We are a good qb away from having a really good team.

But from I've seen so far we will struggle hard to maybe get 5 wins.

And that is the problem once again this season. You can't have a good season in college ball wthout at least an average QB. I'd guess Flowers is one of the worst starters in college. Definitely on the bottom half.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Next year I would move Flowers to rb or wr then you have Woulard and I would bring a juco in.

That's what I would do as coach.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I can't say we aren't good at receiver they never get the ball and have no chemistry with Flowers.

Oline I agree we need to get stronger but a good qb can cover that hole some.

But you know that's hyperbole. For years, I have seen drops from our "best" receivers. Adams looked awful Saturday. Dillon put in no effort on the fade route that he could have easily at least broken up and avoided the pick. It's painfully obvious to everyone that Flowers needs work on the passing side of things. But for any team to succeed, it's critical that receivers help the QB out. Flowers has thrown plenty of bad balls, but the receivers have also failed to secure all of the balls thrown on target or fight for the ones that are slightly off. Good QB would help, but there is no one on the horizon that is a sure thing and we have guys at other positions that are not making the most of every opportunity.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I can't say we aren't good at receiver they never get the ball and have no chemistry with Flowers.

But you know that's hyperbole. For years, I have seen drops from our "best" receivers. Adams looked awful Saturday. Dillon put in no effort on the fade route that he could have easily at least broken up and avoided the pick. It's painfully obvious to everyone that Flowers needs work on the passing side of things. But for any team to succeed, it's critical that receivers help the QB out. Flowers has thrown plenty of bad balls, but the receivers have also failed to secure all of the balls thrown on target or fight for the ones that are slightly off. Good QB would help, but there is no one on the horizon that is a sure thing and we have guys at other positions that are not making the most of every opportunity.

I really need to figure out how to create some highlights of QF throws so I can ask how a receiver just outside the hash mark is supposed to "help" QF on a throw that travels out of bounds.  Stretch Armstrong?

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I really need to figure out how to create some highlights of QF throws so I can ask how a receiver just outside the hash mark is supposed to "help" QF on a throw that travels out of bounds.  Stretch Armstrong?

Flowers had several throws that were way off target, everyone recognizes that. Some of you guys are so myopic.

Could Dillon have given more effort on the fade route (a major turning point)? Do you agree that receivers need to catch on-target throws in order to succeed? I hope he can correct the lame ducks. But to have a "really good" team, we need receivers who are going to capitalize on the opportunities they do get.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Next year I would move Flowers to rb or wr then you have Woulard and I would bring a juco in.

I love this notion that we can just go to the JUCO store and pick one out. Like the coaching staff is like "JUCO qb, nah we're good". We could only wish recruiting was that easy. Edited by HR Bull

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I love this notion that we can just go to the JUCO store and pick one out. Like the coaching staff is like "JUCO qb, nah we're good". We could only wish recruiting was that easy.

Somebody remind Taggart that the dual threat QBs with >60% completion percentage are on aisle 5

Ok maybe juco was bad example but next year we have Kean and hopefully land another qb from hs.

I only recall one or two bad drops the rest you needed to be on a ladder.

I don't recall drops in first game.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Ok maybe juco was bad example but next year we have Kean and hopefully land another qb from hs.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2595651/highlights/241786376/v2

Chris Oladokun's junior footage. I think he might be the qb we've been waiting for.