• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When Was Auggie Ejected?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 48m48 minutes ago

Got it confirmed: targeting cannot be appealed. Sanchez to miss a half.

Crap.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

The refs sucked. Let them continue playing after a player lost his helmet and was getting gang tackled by 5 players. Almost like they didn't know the rule. Definately missed several false starts on FSU and a horsecollar on USF as well. Sad that these were AAC officials.

Yes. Embarrassing for the AAC. They didn't really seem to have a clue at some points of the game. Btw: do yall think that time they stopped play for a whistle from the crowd was real, or do you think one of those guys blew the whistle?

Seemed like total bs

Not sure if that was a horse collar, since he got jersey and not the shoulder pads.  Also, Cook wasn't yanked to the side.  I have no idea if that matters or not, but it did not look nearly as dangerous as the classic horse collar.

I thought just the jersey was a horsecollar also but if it's not, thought it was a good non-call. Didn't think he had the shoulder pads either ...

I think it can be the jersey under some scenarios, but also there is a clause about "being rode to the ground" or some such nonsense.  I recall it being more vague that I would think it should be.

Players can grab the collar, but can't tackle... because Cook wasn't dragged down by the collar, it's not a foul.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

BS call on Auggie

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

The refs sucked. Let them continue playing after a player lost his helmet and was getting gang tackled by 5 players. Almost like they didn't know the rule. Definately missed several false starts on FSU and a horsecollar on USF as well. Sad that these were AAC officials.

What about the holds?

Looked like they missed a blatant hold on interior of OL when FSU threw that long TD pass, but never showed a replay of the pocket.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Horrible call to say the least.   Not sure but it appeared they were an ACC officiating crew.  FSU got a lot of calls,   we didn't get a lot we should had(holding on them). The spotting of the ball was JV league at best.    However not saying this is the reason we didn't win(we made too many mistakes, didn't capitalize when we had the momentum esp early in the game).

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 48m48 minutes ago

Got it confirmed: targeting cannot be appealed. Sanchez to miss a half.

Crap.

Bad, but we get 2 back for the game. So it's manageable. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Away team generally brings the refs, if I'm not mistaken. Only ex-Big East refs would be so assertively incompetent.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Away team generally brings the refs, if I'm not mistaken. Only ex-Big East refs would be so assertively incompetent.

Generally, but not always.  I'd love to see some confirmation, I don't recall hearing it mentioned during the game.