• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When Was Auggie Ejected?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Am I the only one who thinks the refs weren't that bad and had nothing to do with us losing the game?

I don't think anyone thinks they had anything to do with us loosing the game. They were complete idiots though and not just the targeting call. We have a 20 minute review that USF had to call a timeout to challenge.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

I don't think its unusual for early season.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Am I the only one who thinks the refs weren't that bad and had nothing to do with us losing the game?

They were bad, but had nothing to do with us losing the game.  The better team won.

True, but the FSU defender got a clean shot at the helmet.  Auggie didn't touch the helmet.  If either of the two was targeting, it was the FSU player.  Somehow they overturn that one but not Auggie's.  Whoever reviewed those should be embarrassed.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

The refs sucked. Let them continue playing after a player lost his helmet and was getting gang tackled by 5 players. Almost like they didn't know the rule. Definately missed several false starts on FSU and a horsecollar on USF as well. Sad that these were AAC officials.

Not sure if that was a horse collar, since he got jersey and not the shoulder pads.  Also, Cook wasn't yanked to the side.  I have no idea if that matters or not, but it did not look nearly as dangerous as the classic horse collar.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

The refs sucked. Let them continue playing after a player lost his helmet and was getting gang tackled by 5 players. Almost like they didn't know the rule. Definately missed several false starts on FSU and a horsecollar on USF as well. Sad that these were AAC officials.

What about the holds?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Not sure if that was a horse collar, since he got jersey and not the shoulder pads.  Also, Cook wasn't yanked to the side.  I have no idea if that matters or not, but it did not look nearly as dangerous as the classic horse collar.

I thought just the jersey was a horsecollar also but if it's not, thought it was a good non-call. Didn't think he had the shoulder pads either ...

I thought just the jersey was a horsecollar also but if it's not, thought it was a good non-call. Didn't think he had the shoulder pads either ...

I think it can be the jersey under some scenarios, but also there is a clause about "being rode to the ground" or some such nonsense.  I recall it being more vague that I would think it should be.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Yes. Embarrassing for the AAC. They didn't really seem to have a clue at some points of the game. Btw: do yall think that time they stopped play for a whistle from the crowd was real, or do you think one of those guys blew the whistle?