• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart bans players from Ybor; Harlan then retracts on CWT's behalf

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

At what cost?

I don't see this as a huge problem. Let's talk hypothetical here. I'm the AD, I have an upset big donor. I make a statement that makes him happy. I then tell the coach to have a private conversation with the team. Not saying this will happen, but it pretty much makes everyone happy.

Elkino Watson was a teammate to many current and former Bulls. He was known by many fans. The least our big donor could have done was keep his mouth shut during a time of mourning. Instead he chose to demonstrate he has Harlan's puppet strings and ran him out there amid all the grief, sadness and pain to make a point. It was shameful on both parties. People are grieving. Everyone knows what Taggart meant and it had nothing to do with Ybor City or the Columbia restaurant. There was no need to run Harlan out there with some disingenuous ********. Gonzmart and Harlan should be ashamed of themselves. The kid was murdered in Ybor City. They should have a little sensitivity. It's not the time for this.

Well said.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

I agree with Brad's post ^^^ but I also agree with Mr. Publix. Think the guys should be trusted to make their own decisions. College is all about making adult decisions for the first time in your life, and then dealing with any consequences of said decisions. They should take responsibility when something goes wrong and be trusted with more when they demonstrate good decision-making.

Completely agree that any donors that pulled some strings with Harlan, along with Harlan himself, should have waited a bit before making a big deal out of this, out of respect to the Watson family.

The same could be said of the ban imposed by Tags.

Edit: Just curious.  If a student, God forbid, is killed at the University Mall, are students then to be banned from the Mall?  I am playing devil's advocate here but just want to see if the same line of thinking carries to different parts of the city.

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I agree with Brad's post ^^^ but I also agree with Mr. Publix. Think the guys should be trusted to make their own decisions. College is all about making adult decisions for the first time in your life, and then dealing with any consequences of said decisions. They should take responsibility when something goes wrong and be trusted with more when they demonstrate good decision-making.

Completely agree that any donors that pulled some strings with Harlan, along with Harlan himself, should have waited a bit before making a big deal out of this, out of respect to the Watson family.

Really? What if the next night another player went down there and got jumped?

Big difference between Tags looking after his players' safety and Harlan making sure a few less customers avoid coming into his donor's restaurant.

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Really? What if the next night another player went down there and got jumped?

Big difference between Tags looking after his players' safety and Harlan making sure a few less customers avoid coming into his donor's restaurant.

Nothing wrong with either, but Tags position, IMO, has the moral high ground and wins this perception battle hands down.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

No doubt in my mind Harlan lied

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If CWT had a winning history at USF at this point in time, this never would have been a thing.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

If I was a parent and my child played on the football team I would be 100% behind CWT's statement.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

As a parent I didn't want my daughter going down there.  But she did and thankfully survived.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I'm just glad all you old ladies are talking about this and not how we lost to FAMU or some like we barely won (if it were the case the team did that).

Football season is here! GO BULLS!