• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart bans players from Ybor; Harlan then retracts on CWT's behalf

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,414
  • Days Won:  13

Stay out of Ybor after midnight

There, I said it....

I always told my kids that nothing good happens after midnight in Ybor so get out by then. Besides half the team is under 21. It's just not a good mix.

most great things happen after midnight especially with the ladies

ferrari-guy-1.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

Seems this is starting to slow a bit here.  So instead of fueling things can someone tell me how I can get into the Mad Cow? Forgot that it was password protected and forgot the password that someone sent last year.  Would like to have further discussion on the topic, not only as it pertains to this specific situation.  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Willie did what is right, he told his players they have no business down there. I stand with Taggart 100%.

Once again the USF program, as little as it is, feels the pull from a donor it relies on and makes a decision against its coach.

Ybor City is NOT the problem, hip hop get togethers in Ybor late at night with a mainly African-American audience IS the problem. Blaming Ybor City is a PC tact to avoid the troublesome nature of what specifically occurred, i.e. A-A youth who have grown up without much male parental guidance or societal restraints on their abhorrent behaviour. TRUTH be damned, lets blame a city and ignore the elephant in the room.
I think you hit on about every negative stereotype. Good job.

I understand people are upset at Watson's death and yet another lesson form USF on how not to do public relations...but your comments says more about you and how you view people with different life circumstances and cultural differences than any useful contribution to this discussion. There is no elephant in the room or PC tact...but rather a murderer on the loose who has no regard for human life. Nobody died b/c of hip hop ...

Hmmm, DJ hip hop late night at the Orpheum which draws in troubled utes, A-A utes gone wild at said location, murder and mayhem ensue. I guess facts can become stereotypical if you want to ignore them. I don't think ignoring facts and painting Ybor as some sort of horribly dangerous place that all should avoid addresses what actually happened, where it happened and by whom it happened. But go ahead and continue on your PC rantings.
After reading your posts I don't have to wonder what political party you're associated with. Blaming an entire ethnic group isn't being real or speaking your mind. It's being prejudice and promoting stereotypes.

Youth and alcohol use is a bad combo in any racial group. Any music mixed in can sway moods and emotions, that's not limited to hip hop. Ever been to a heavy metal concert? Rave? Classic rock? Reggae? You can name any type of music, and I'm sure there's some stereotype that's associated with it.

So your "stating of facts" and lack of being "pc" only show the rest of us your true colors. Something tells me that maybe just maybe all crime in Ybor isn't caused by going African American hip hop heads. I think that the facts as you like to say would back me up on that.

-Young Black Man Who Enjoys Hip Hop

Spot on, Trom...and FYI hbryan is widely dismissed as a biased poster so most don't bother to even read his posts regarding race-related issues. Thankfully they're usually restricted to the Mad Cow. Methinks this should move there as well.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Willie did what is right, he told his players they have no business down there. I stand with Taggart 100%.

Once again the USF program, as little as it is, feels the pull from a donor it relies on and makes a decision against its coach.

Ybor City is NOT the problem, hip hop get togethers in Ybor late at night with a mainly African-American audience IS the problem. Blaming Ybor City is a PC tact to avoid the troublesome nature of what specifically occurred, i.e. A-A youth who have grown up without much male parental guidance or societal restraints on their abhorrent behaviour. TRUTH be damned, lets blame a city and ignore the elephant in the room.
I think you hit on about every negative stereotype. Good job.

I understand people are upset at Watson's death and yet another lesson form USF on how not to do public relations...but your comments says more about you and how you view people with different life circumstances and cultural differences than any useful contribution to this discussion. There is no elephant in the room or PC tact...but rather a murderer on the loose who has no regard for human life. Nobody died b/c of hip hop ...

Hmmm, DJ hip hop late night at the Orpheum which draws in troubled utes, A-A utes gone wild at said location, murder and mayhem ensue. I guess facts can become stereotypical if you want to ignore them. I don't think ignoring facts and painting Ybor as some sort of horribly dangerous place that all should avoid addresses what actually happened, where it happened and by whom it happened. But go ahead and continue on your PC rantings.
After reading your posts I don't have to wonder what political party you're associated with. Blaming an entire ethnic group isn't being real or speaking your mind. It's being prejudice and promoting stereotypes.

Youth and alcohol use is a bad combo in any racial group. Any music mixed in can sway moods and emotions, that's not limited to hip hop. Ever been to a heavy metal concert? Rave? Classic rock? Reggae? You can name any type of music, and I'm sure there's some stereotype that's associated with it.

So your "stating of facts" and lack of being "pc" only show the rest of us your true colors. Something tells me that maybe just maybe all crime in Ybor isn't caused by going African American hip hop heads. I think that the facts as you like to say would back me up on that.

-Young Black Man Who Enjoys Hip Hop

Spot on, Trom...and FYI hbryan is widely dismissed as a biased poster so most don't bother to even read his posts regarding race-related issues. Thankfully they're usually restricted to the Mad Cow. Methinks this should move there as well.

Hmmmm, we'll have to see who is arrested for this heinous crime, won't we.  If I'm wrong, I'll gladly admit that the venue and crowd made me stereotype the alleged culprits however, I don't think that will happen at all.  This is a pattern that happens far too often across this country to somehow ignore it and blame an entire community or town.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Or race.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Or race.

But his argument is its totally ok to blame an entire race if literally the ENTIRE race is the problem.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Or race.

But his argument is its totally ok to blame an entire race if literally the ENTIRE race is the problem.

I'm sure he can come up with a final solution for this issue....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

If anyone would like to start a new topic, please do so with appropriate topic on appropriate board. Thanks.