• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Flowers Highlights

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2704815/highlights/97105375/v2

Just needs to learn to throw the short route and he could be really good.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you for the highlights, but this was High School; the only highlights that matter are those from last year.  This is by no means a dig, it's just that I want to see how he plays on this level against better athletes before I speculate about the year....

Yes, I'm just being grumpy....  Fun highlights to watch though

This was High School too. (Even though it looks like Western Carolina) :)

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He has 0 highlights right now.

Didn't he run for a 1st down last year in one game?

I thought his throwing was decent in most of the throws.  At the 3:51 mark he legitimately threw the ball 60 yards.  From his 42 yard line into the end zone.  Anyone that can throw 60 yards has a plenty good enough arm to be a college QB.  He does like to put air under it and let the receiver run under it, but I saw some darts also.

Flowers is going to run wild this year.  He's as good a runner as MG/BJ if not better.

He threw floaters in high school and two years later he still throws floaters.  If he's smart and doesn't throw the ball too often, his exposure in college can be limited enough that he might be a successful QB in college.  But unless he learns to throw the ball much better he will never be an NFL QB, except as a wildcat third stringer like Tebow.  

The reality is that he really most reminds me of Pat Julmiste.  I would guess our offense if QF remains the QB all year will look an awful lot like the run spread offense we ran with Julmiste, with a pass thrown in now again hoping the receiver will be so wide open that maybe we can get a completion.  Andre Hall made it work with his running ability along with Julmiste's running ability.

The reality is that our offense that year was a lot better than last year's offense.  So this isn't a bad thing.  Julmiste was a tremendous Bull, tons of heart and sacrificed for USF by playing out of position because of need.

But if anyone thinks our supposedly great crop of receivers is going to put up numbers with QF as the QB, well...see Julmiste, Pat.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I thought his throwing was decent in most of the throws.  At the 3:51 mark he legitimately threw the ball 60 yards.  From his 42 yard line into the end zone.  Anyone that can throw 60 yards has a plenty good enough arm to be a college QB.  He does like to put air under it and let the receiver run under it, but I saw some darts also.

Flowers is going to run wild this year.  He's as good a runner as MG/BJ if not better.

He threw floaters in high school and two years later he still throws floaters.  If he's smart and doesn't throw the ball too often, his exposure in college can be limited enough that he might be a successful QB in college.  But unless he learns to throw the ball much better he will never be an NFL QB, except as a wildcat third stringer like Tebow.  

He can throw the ball over 60 yards as evidenced by the tape.  The tape don't lie.  He threw the ball from just over his 40 to the opposing end zone.  Go look at the 3:51 mark.  He does like to throw touch passes as opposed to darts a lot of times, but he can do it if needed.  Anyone that can throw the ball over 60 yards has an above average college arm.  He probably has a stronger arm than MG had, although not quite to BJ's level, IMO.  BJ had a rocket launcher and could probably throw it 70.  But Flowers can probably throw it 65.  Do you realize just how far 65 yards in and how few human beings, let alone quarterbacks on ANY level can do that? 

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

People try to base what Flowers is like on last year where - outside of the SMU game - he was in like 20-30 plays.

Which really means people are grading Flowers on the SMU game ... yes he started... two days after his step-brother died on the road.

Look at the play by play from that game... you can see the problem was not all Flowers... USF had a couple of good drives -- the first stopped short on 4th down deep in SMU territory... another where Andre Davis fumbled the ball in SMU territory... Nate Godwin fumbled a kickoff - which lead to an SMU field goal... Another where Davis killed the drive with a Personal Foul penalty (from 1st and 10 to 1st and 25!)...

http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=400547712&period=0

Yes... Flowers was 6 of 15 - with no turnovers ... I would say he is not the only one at fault for a bad 3 quarters... some of his issues were the playcalling... and others were dumb penalties. With the new system, even if the play calling is off, he should be able to turn a broken play into something positive.

Good post, yeah looking at the drives he was passing better in second half just had alot of bad breaks with fumbles, penalties and those incomplete to Welch I'm going to guess are drops most likely.

One thing that impressed me in practice he didn't lock on one receiver he went thru progression which is good.

If the oline gells and can give decent pass blocking we will win 6 plus.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

People try to base what Flowers is like on last year where - outside of the SMU game - he was in like 20-30 plays.

Which really means people are grading Flowers on the SMU game ... yes he started... two days after his step-brother died on the road.

Look at the play by play from that game... you can see the problem was not all Flowers... USF had a couple of good drives -- the first stopped short on 4th down deep in SMU territory... another where Andre Davis fumbled the ball in SMU territory... Nate Godwin fumbled a kickoff - which lead to an SMU field goal... Another where Davis killed the drive with a Personal Foul penalty (from 1st and 10 to 1st and 25!)...

http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=400547712&period=0

Yes... Flowers was 6 of 15 - with no turnovers ... I would say he is not the only one at fault for a bad 3 quarters... some of his issues were the playcalling... and others were dumb penalties. With the new system, even if the play calling is off, he should be able to turn a broken play into something positive.

One thing that impressed me in practice he didn't lock on one receiver he went thru progression which is good.

Just my impression, but from what I've seen he hasn't rushed much after the snaps. He looks reasonably comfortable and thinks. That's a big move forward for him--maybe because he's more at home with this offense--but last year's games he looked anxious behind center IMO.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

He can throw the ball over 60 yards as evidenced by the tape.  The tape don't lie.  He threw the ball from just over his 40 to the opposing end zone.  Go look at the 3:51 mark.  He does like to throw touch passes as opposed to darts a lot of times, but he can do it if needed.  Anyone that can throw the ball over 60 yards has an above average college arm.  He probably has a stronger arm than MG had, although not quite to BJ's level, IMO.  BJ had a rocket launcher and could probably throw it 70.  But Flowers can probably throw it 65.  Do you realize just how far 65 yards in and how few human beings, let alone quarterbacks on ANY level can do that? 

None of that changes the fact that every long pass I've seen from him, has had way too much air under it.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

None of that changes the fact that every long pass I've seen from him, has had way too much air under it.

And none of it changes the fact that a good portion of the short passes those of us who've been at practice to see in person, have had way too much wobble.

Edited by JTrue