• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Flowers Highlights

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

I thought his throwing was decent in most of the throws.  At the 3:51 mark he legitimately threw the ball 60 yards.  From his 42 yard line into the end zone.  Anyone that can throw 60 yards has a plenty good enough arm to be a college QB.  He does like to put air under it and let the receiver run under it, but I saw some darts also.

He's got the arm no matter what some say on here. He may or may not be a good qb for us this year but it won't be because doesn't have the tools, it will be because he doesn't utilize those tools properly.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

That was some pretty good competition be was playing against down there in the 305 as well.

Could we be back to the Grothe/BJ run around like crazy and make wild stuff happen days...guess we will see.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

That was some pretty good competition be was playing against down there in the 305 as well.

Could we be back to the Grothe/BJ run around like crazy and make wild stuff happen days...guess we will see.

Because we won how many conference titles with that?  I loved Matt & BJ but that school yard play only gets you so far.  It will all be determined by the play of the offensive line.  Any QB should be better when they have time to throw.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

He's tough as nails, just needs some confidence to be a leader.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

Because we won how many conference titles with that?  I loved Matt & BJ but that school yard play only gets you so far.  It will all be determined by the play of the offensive line.  Any QB should be better when they have time to throw.

If that run around like crazy and make wild stuff will get us back to those 3rd place finishes, I'll take it ..... THEN we can worry about conf championships .... baby steps.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Because we won how many conference titles with that? I loved Matt & BJ but that school yard play only gets you so far. It will all be determined by the play of the offensive line. Any QB should be better when they have time to throw.

If that run around like crazy and make wild stuff will get us back to those 3rd place finishes, I'll take it ..... THEN we can worry about conf championships .... baby steps.

Wiser words may have never been spoken sir

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

He plays like Doug Fluite

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

He has 0 highlights right now.

Here's last years highlights.. Granted its only 28 seconds long, but there is one.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

He is going to surprise many of you this year. I remember watching him in HS and he was playing vs a lot of talent now playing in major college football team. By the way his team wasn't that talented and that's why you see him running for his life in many plays

• Upvote 2

People try to base what Flowers is like on last year where - outside of the SMU game - he was in like 20-30 plays.

Which really means people are grading Flowers on the SMU game ... yes he started... two days after his step-brother died on the road.

Look at the play by play from that game... you can see the problem was not all Flowers... USF had a couple of good drives -- the first stopped short on 4th down deep in SMU territory... another where Andre Davis fumbled the ball in SMU territory... Nate Godwin fumbled a kickoff - which lead to an SMU field goal... Another where Davis killed the drive with a Personal Foul penalty (from 1st and 10 to 1st and 25!)...

http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=400547712&period=0

Yes... Flowers was 6 of 15 - with no turnovers ...  I would say he is not the only one at fault for a bad 3 quarters... some of his issues were the playcalling... and others were dumb penalties.  With the new system, even if the play calling is off, he should be able to turn a broken play into something positive.