• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Flowers Highlights

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The reality is that he really most reminds me of Pat Julmiste.  I would guess our offense if QF remains the QB all year will look an awful lot like the run spread offense we ran with Julmiste, with a pass thrown in now again hoping the receiver will be so wide open that maybe we can get a completion.  Andre Hall made it work with his running ability along with Julmiste's running ability.

The reality is that our offense that year was a lot better than last year's offense.  So this isn't a bad thing.  Julmiste was a tremendous Bull, tons of heart and sacrificed for USF by playing out of position because of need.

But if anyone thinks our supposedly great crop of receivers is going to put up numbers with QF as the QB, well...see Julmiste, Pat.

Julmiste could not run the ball very well...

I would say he has the arm of Julmiste, the legs of Daniels... we need to see if he has the heart of Grothe.

I think it might be too soon to say he has Julmiste's arm.  Also, Julmiste was a statue. 

I hate to bash Julmiste but he was the worst QB I have ever laid eyes on.  

Did you miss the short Matt Floyd era?  

Matt Floyd?  Julmiste was the best of the three or four QBs we had on the roster at the time.  I love it when people talk about what a great recruiter Leavitt was.  He was hit and miss just like every other coach.  There was a two year period when Pat Julmiste was our best QB.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls

Here for the tail end of #USF practice at RayJay. Just saw Flowers find @rodney_adams87 in single coverage for 40-yard TD.

Is your point here that touchdown pass in practice supposed to mean he's a good or great QB?  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls

Here for the tail end of #USF practice at RayJay. Just saw Flowers find @rodney_adams87 in single coverage for 40-yard TD.

Is your point here that touchdown pass in practice supposed to mean he's a good or great QB?  

Obviously he's saying great, not good. ^_^

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

I thought his throwing was decent in most of the throws.  At the 3:51 mark he legitimately threw the ball 60 yards.  From his 42 yard line into the end zone.  Anyone that can throw 60 yards has a plenty good enough arm to be a college QB.  He does like to put air under it and let the receiver run under it, but I saw some darts also.

Flowers is going to run wild this year.  He's as good a runner as MG/BJ if not better.

He threw floaters in high school and two years later he still throws floaters.  If he's smart and doesn't throw the ball too often, his exposure in college can be limited enough that he might be a successful QB in college.  But unless he learns to throw the ball much better he will never be an NFL QB, except as a wildcat third stringer like Tebow.

He can throw the ball over 60 yards as evidenced by the tape.  The tape don't lie.  He threw the ball from just over his 40 to the opposing end zone.  Go look at the 3:51 mark.  He does like to throw touch passes as opposed to darts a lot of times, but he can do it if needed.  Anyone that can throw the ball over 60 yards has an above average college arm.  He probably has a stronger arm than MG had, although not quite to BJ's level, IMO.  BJ had a rocket launcher and could probably throw it 70.  But Flowers can probably throw it 65.  Do you realize just how far 65 yards in and how few human beings, let alone quarterbacks on ANY level can do that?

None of that changes the fact that every long pass I've seen from him, has had way too much air under it.

And none of it changes the fact that a good portion of the short passes those of us who've been at practice to see in person, have had way too much wobble.

Not a fact, your opinion. I saw just the opposite. Every short pass wasn't a tight spiral but a good portion were ...

Well then, I guess I didn't see them and neither did those people who have said otherwise in their reports of practices they witnessed.

****, just realized that was just you being you ....

Anyone who's anyone knows that AW was never going to sign with us out of high school, so you can't use him as an example for Holtz. It's a fact that Holtz hated recruiting and went golfing instead of evaluating players every single chance he got.

You got me .... nice job. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

Didn't we forget Ronnie Banks?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The reality is that he really most reminds me of Pat Julmiste. I would guess our offense if QF remains the QB all year will look an awful lot like the run spread offense we ran with Julmiste, with a pass thrown in now again hoping the receiver will be so wide open that maybe we can get a completion. Andre Hall made it work with his running ability along with Julmiste's running ability.

The reality is that our offense that year was a lot better than last year's offense. So this isn't a bad thing. Julmiste was a tremendous Bull, tons of heart and sacrificed for USF by playing out of position because of need.

But if anyone thinks our supposedly great crop of receivers is going to put up numbers with QF as the QB, well...see Julmiste, Pat.

Julmiste could not run the ball very well...

I would say he has the arm of Julmiste, the legs of Daniels... we need to see if he has the heart of Grothe.

I think it might be too soon to say he has Julmiste's arm. Also, Julmiste was a statue.

I hate to bash Julmiste but he was the worst QB I have ever laid eyes on.

Until the last 2 years